Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dawgden

Dawgden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:37 AM

Okay I am in a contest and we can use the internet or any resource available and I am stumped on this one, please help me.

A dealer takes a new deck of playing cards and takes out the jokers and then dealt himself 6 cards. He then dealt the remaining cards evenly amongst the other players. There were less than 20 seats at the table. Other than the dealer, how many players were there, and how many cards did each players have?

#2 Scraff

Scraff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 12:59 AM

After he deals himself, there will be 46 card left. He can distribute them equally among two people. There's no other amount of players that can be had where it's possible to distribute the cards equally without having at least 23 people.

#3 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:03 AM

Okay I am in a contest and we can use the internet or any resource available and I am stumped on this one, please help me.

A dealer takes a new deck of playing cards and takes out the jokers and then dealt himself 6 cards. He then dealt the remaining cards evenly amongst the other players. There were less than 20 seats at the table. Other than the dealer, how many players were there, and how many cards did each players have?

Spoiler for answer

Edited by EventHorizon, 26 March 2008 - 01:04 AM.

#4 EventHorizon

EventHorizon

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

Spoiler for answer

Spoiler for minor addition

#5 storm

storm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 02:18 AM

Spoiler for deal with dealer

#6 puzzled

puzzled

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:46 AM

Spoiler for solution

#7 Lost in space

Lost in space

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4009 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:27 PM

Pack was not defined
In some parts of Europe
They usually have a deck of 32 or 36 cards. The numbering includes VII, VIII, IX, X, Under, Over, King and Ace. Some variations with 36 cards have also the number VI.

players in relation to the question can mean one or more, how many players turned up, Answer ONE
Also possible, some games have a meld, have piles to build on or take from, perhaps all does mean remainder after the dealer has had six. Well first establish No. of cards. And if there are any others laid face up on the table relative to the game as in some forms of poker as well as patience that can have more than one player.

Worth noting 'One eyed jacks' can be wild - so can anyone for that matter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users