Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Liar Game BD

• Please log in to reply
310 replies to this topic

#11 Framm 18

Framm 18

Mafianiac (Silent Hunter)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1349 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

It's cool. :D

Spoiler for Haikus

#12 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

should I read the wiki?

Scratch that, of course I'm going to read the wiki. I have no idea what Bid Poker is.

EDIT: after reading I still haven't the faintest idea.

Edited by flamebirde, 01 February 2013 - 05:17 AM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#13 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3281 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

Lol...all will revealed...in time ;P.

We'll wait a few more days for stragglers, meanwhile, to facilitate things, I'll start explaining the first round:

Each player has been loaned *cough* 100 million BD$.  At the end of the round,  they will have to return this to the Liar Game officials.  If the player has a surplus, they may keep it, if they cannot return the full 100 mil, they will have a debt.

In the first round each player will be paired against another player (if we have an odd number I'll make a threesome ;P), and they will try to 'steal' each other's money.  To do so, first each player must choose a thread to 'hide' their money in, and their opponent will attempt to find the thread.  At the end of the first round, each player will PM me a guess as to where their opponent's money is hidden.  They may either choose to guess the specific thread, in which case, if correct, will net them the entire 100 mil, or only to guess the subforum, which will only net them 10 mil.

Also, each player will be give three (3) pieces of information regarding the hiding locations of other players who are not their opponents via PM.  It will not be announced which player has information on which other players, and the players may do with this information as they will.  Players are free to contact any other player (CC me please ;)), and I will neither confirm nor deny what anyone says, unless it has something to do with the actual rules of the game.

Also, at the end of the round, players with a surplus may 'give' any amount of money (in whole $) to any other player(s).

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

To facilitate things, would each player please PM me the thread name, thread starter's name, date started, and subforum of the thread in which they wish to hide their money at their earliest convenience?  You may choose any thread that has been started within the past year (i.e. after the BD 'blackout').

Thank you, I look forward to observing this battle of wits.

(Wtb Liar Game emoticon btw ;) )

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#14 Brainiac100

Brainiac100

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1134 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:25 AM

1. Panther
2. Brainy
3. Phil1882
4. MollyMae
5. Framm

6. Flamebirde

7.Rob_Gandy

8. DudleyDude

9. Aura

Is there a riddle stuck in your brain, and you cannot solve it? Be happy! It is a positive proof that you have a brain. <--Rookie1ja

#15 Panther

Panther

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 12:20 PM

Money is hidden... *clears throat*... Let the games begin! :D

"It's so cute when it's sleeping, isn't it? Actually, it's still as abhorrent as ever, but at least it's not trying to kill us."
-Noyan Dar, Tazeem lullmage

#16 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1342 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

I know where I'm going to hide my money.

EDIT: when you steal the other person's money, when you say subforum do you mean like "games" or "Miscellaneous"?

Edited by flamebirde, 02 February 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#17 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3281 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:38 AM

"Games"

Have most of the hiding places, so will probably start tomorrow or Monday.  The first round should last about a week.  

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#18 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3281 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

Waiting on one last person, they have until this evening, then we'll start with or without.

#19 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3281 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Start Round 1! 

Pairings are:

Panther vs Framm

Brainy vs Flame

Phil vs Rob

MollyMae vs DudleyDude

Since I have not heard from Aura, she will have to sit this one out.  But she (and anyone else) are still welcome in the next round ;).

Clues will be out within the hour.  Round 1 will end 10pm central time next Monday 2/11/13.  Good luck!

#20 Auramyna

Auramyna

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Oops, I missed the [bolded purple] instructions.  I was here, though.  >.>  (Sorry.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users