Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BRIAN DENNIS: WARM-UP

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 08 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

If the champagne was spilled, could it indicate Wellesley being startled by something? I.e., the murderer?

@Cav, how long after Wellesley's death was his body discovered?

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#22 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:45 AM

Let's see what I can do. You people focus on evidence; what I want to know is the circumstances of the death. Why was a rusty suit of armor needed, for example?

Ask the butler and the wife about any superstitions, etc. that Mr. Wellesley may have had. It may have something to do with the strange situation. Maybe he had a problem with the suit of armor? Maybe there was something symbolic about it. 

Logically, the assailant would have killed Mr Wellesley, and then positioned the suit of armor. That seems the only way they could have done it. The question is, why frame a suit of armor? Now, why would one choose a rusty sword to kill him? That seems more a "heat-of-the-moment" sort of crime. Perhaps the second glass suggests Wellesley was drinking casually with somebody, and then they killed him? Under those circumstances, the most likely suspect would be Kaufman, or possibly the wife. 

Just thinking out loud here from a psychological perspective. Might spark an idea.

Edited by Aaryan, 09 January 2013 - 03:48 AM.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#23 Yodell

Yodell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:00 PM

* And, please ask the wife the same questions I;ve asked the butler...  with the lie detector as well :D

* Did the victim had a watch ? Show the watch found in the suit of armor to the wife (without telling her where it was found!! ) and ask her if she recognizes the watch .. with the lie detector working... Same for the butler...

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

#24 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

INTERROGATION: GREEN

YOU: What time is it, Mr. Green?

GREEN: (checks watch) It is ten past eleven.

TRUTH.

You notice Mr. Green is wearing a watch on his right wrist. You'd be an awful detective if you didn't see him look at his watch. He has tan lines on his left wrist.

AUTOPSY: WELLESLEY

The body was discovered around 10:00.

I will reply to other posts in a few hours, I have to go right now.

REMAINING REQUESTS:

-Interrogate Mrs. Wellesley with the questions that Yodell asked

-Superstitions Mr. Wellesley had?

-Do the butler and wife recognize the watch?

Edited by Cavenglok, 09 January 2013 - 02:03 PM.

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

http://brainden.com/...rm-up/?p=327768

#25 Morningstar

Morningstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:20 PM

How do we know that the watch belonged to the murderer? It's pretty hard for your watch to fall off without you noticing, so it was probably put there deliberately. Also, where in the suit was the watch found? I.e. in the wrist part, just loose inside, etc.

The cake is a lie.

#26 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:22 PM

I think we're relying rather heavily on a lie detector here. After we talk to everyone, I suggest we go back to the manor and look around some more.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#27 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:14 AM

maybe we should examine the trophy room, where the suit of armor was (allegedly) supposed to be.

EDIT: spelling

Edited by flamebirde, 10 January 2013 - 02:14 AM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#28 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

@Cav What is the time of death, sorry?

@Aar *palm* I hadn't even thought about the psychological point of view, lol. It's great to have you on board. :D

@All Don't forget, we have a tazer. :ph34r:

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#29 Morningstar

Morningstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

What is the taser actually for?

The cake is a lie.

#30 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

@Morningstar For MiKi to abuse the suspects. :/

INTERROGATION: MRS. WELLESLEY

YOU: Hello, Mrs. Wellesley. I'm sorry for all the trouble.

WELLESLEY: No, no, it's fine. I can't believe that he just... It's very hard.

YOU: I understand. I have a few questions for you. Do you mind plugging in this lie detector?

WELLESLEY: Of course.

You plug her in. For some reason, the lie detector is spazzing.

YOU: Do you have a heart condition or-?

WELLESLEY: Well, yes, I have a weak heart.

The lie detector won't work.

YOU: Very well. Did the suit of armor belong in the hallway?

WELLESLEY: No, it was in his trophy room. It was in the very back wall.

YOU: Was Mr. Rick Wayne in the guest list for the party?

WELLESLEY: Yes. My husband badgered me until I finally gave in. He wanted to "give the young man a chance," he said. (scoffs)

YOU: Was Mr. Kaufman on the list?

WELLESLEY: Why, of course! He's an old family friend.

YOU: Did you see either of them at the time of the murder?

WELLESLEY: Well, I was in the kitchen, so no.

YOU: Was there anyone else in the kitchen with you?

WELLESLEY: Mr. Green and the maids.

YOU: Is there anyone who would want Mr. Wellesley dead?

WELLESLEY: Well, sure! He was a very arrogant man. I know we musn't speak ill of the dead, but he made very many enemies in his life.

YOU: Was Mr. Wellesley superstitious?

WELLESLEY: (chuckles) No, but we always had this joke, Mr. Kaufman, my husband and I. When we were young, they were courting me. They would fight these fake duels between themselves, calling themselves the knights and me the princess. Mr. Wellesley always won. He always believed that someone was going to try to poison him. (clamps up) Oh, goodness. Maybe that's what killed him! Was he poisoned, Inspector?

YOU: I can assure you that poison was not the cause of death. Do you recognize this watch?

You hold out the watch in the Zip-loc.

WELLESLEY: Uh... yes. I believe it's Mr. Green's.

INTERROGATION: GREEN

YOU: Was Mr. Wellesley a superstitious man?

GREEN: I believe not. He was always very analytical. Not religious. Everything could be proven, he always said.

TRUTH.

AUTOPSY: WELLESLEY

The time of death was 10:00 PM.

OBSERVATION: THE TROPHY ROOM

You enter the trophy room. Ancient goblets line the top shelves, and the rest of the walls are covered in moose and reindeer heads. Raccoon skins are draped over chairs. He must've wiped out half of every local species in the Northeast. There's a brick and a small platform in the back. There is a small plaque hanging over where the head of the suit of armor would be. "Victory belongs to the most persevering. - Napoleon Bonaparte."

Would you like to observe anything else?

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

http://brainden.com/...rm-up/?p=327768

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users