Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

BRIAN DENNIS: WARM-UP

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#11 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Can we get a list of the attendees of the party?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#12 LiveNacra

LiveNacra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:54 AM

Something else that may or may not be noteworthy: the champagne supposedly was spilled "a few hours ago" but the time difference from the death and the watch is only 53 minutes. Is this an oversight or is the watch time not accurate?

#13 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

@Flamebirde Sorry, that is 100 people. Brian can get a list, but I really don't want to set up 100 profiles. But there are blonde women at the party, for sure.

@LiveNicra The watch IS slightly slow, to be fair, but Brian sorta guessed that it was a few hours ago.

@MiKiThe watch is ticking normally. The watch has no compartments or anything, but you haven't torn it apart yet. The hair is long and sleek, much too long for any man at the party. No science-y thing. The champagne fell about 3 inches from the body. And, for the sake of the mystery, yes.

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

http://brainden.com/...rm-up/?p=327768

#14 Yodell

Yodell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Interrogation:

* Q to the butler and/or wife :  did the suit belong in that hallway ?  Was the body found next to the place where the suit of armor is usually displayed ?

* Question to the wife/butler : was the reporter on the guest list at the party ? Also was mr Kaufman a guest at the party ? Did they see either of them that night ?

* Question to the wife : "Do you know anyone who might have had a reason for wanting your husband dead ?"

Same Question to the butler (*replace husband with master* )

And while interrogating the wife and the butler , is it ok (for the story) to use my lie-detector ? - if the answer is yes the .. do it and let me know the result

Question to "my-self" (as Brian) : is it possible this is just an accident , like.. the suit of armor was accidentally knocked off it;s feet and it landed on the victim ? Is the suit/scene next to a door ?

Autopsy - was the victim drunk ? What is the alcohol level in his blood ?

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

#15 Morningstar

Morningstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

Hey guys, looks like we're back at it again. Awesome start to a mystery as always, Cav.

The cake is a lie.

#16 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hey, good to see you, Morning.

*Note: The lie detector results are not perfect. Lie detectors blip whenever the target is agitated or excited. Lie detector results will be written in blue.

INTERROGATION: GREEN (butler)

YOU: Did the suit of armor belong in this hallway?

GREEN: No, I believe not. It might have been in the trophy room. I was never allowed in the trophy room, only those closest to him. I would've liked to see it.

LIE.

YOU: Then who cleaned the trophy room?

GREEN: He cleaned it himself.

TRUE.

YOU: Were Mr. Kaufman and Mr. Wayne guests at the party?

GREEN: Yes, Mr. Kaufman was a guest at the party. I am not aware of a Mr. Wayne.

TRUTH.

YOU: He was a reporter?

GREEN: Oh, yes, of course. Yes, he was. He was constantly badgering Mr. Wellesley for that interview of his. He was very distressed at one point. Asked for six glasses of champagne.

TRUTH.

YOU: Do you know anyone who might want Mr. Wellesley dead?

GREEN: Of course. He had many political enemies, people who would want him dead. It was only a matter of time before someone tried to kill him. But I can't believe that he finally...

LIE.

AUTOPSY: WELLESLEY

Some alcohol in his liver, but not a lot. Not enough for extreme drunkenness.

Anyone who wants to join, or if you're looking for a certain piece of evidence, here's a link to a list of evidence. Thanks, Aaryan!

#17 Morningstar

Morningstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:39 PM

Some of the answers that look like lie detector results aren't in blue. Is it just my browser?

Edit: Also, where is the trophy room relative to where the body was found?

Edited by Morningstar, 08 January 2013 - 08:42 PM.

The cake is a lie.

#18 Cavenglok

Cavenglok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

This is really awkward.

INTERROGATION: GREEN (butler)

YOU: Did the suit of armor belong in this hallway?

GREEN: No, I believe not. It might have been in the trophy room. I was never allowed in the trophy room, only those closest to him. I would've liked to see it.

LIE.

YOU: Then who cleaned the trophy room?

GREEN: He cleaned it himself.

TRUTH.

YOU: Were Mr. Kaufman and Mr. Wayne guests at the party?

GREEN: Yes, Mr. Kaufman was a guest at the party. I am not aware of a Mr. Wayne.

TRUTH.

YOU: He was a reporter?

GREEN: Oh, yes, of course. Yes, he was. He was constantly badgering Mr. Wellesley for that interview of his. He was very distressed at one point. Asked for six glasses of champagne.

TRUTH.

YOU: Do you know anyone who might want Mr. Wellesley dead?

GREEN: Of course. He had many political enemies, people who would want him dead. It was only a matter of time before someone tried to kill him. But I can't believe that he finally...

LIE.

#19 Morningstar

Morningstar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Sorry, it just makes it easier for me to tell what's what when I'm looking through the posts.

The cake is a lie.

#20 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Could we ask Mr Green what the time is? (with lie detector)

* Compare the time with that of the watch, assuming that the suspect has his clocks watches synchronised we should get a good indication about who left the watch in the armour*

(probably should ask all suspects when we examine them)

* covertly examine Mr Greens wrist to see if tan lines indicate he has been wearing a watch *

{probably should do this with all suspects)

* examine body to see if tan lines indicate they have been wearing a watch *

Edit:

* examine other clocks in the house to see if the time corresponds to the watch

Edited by phaze, 08 January 2013 - 10:54 PM.

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users