Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

The No God god

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:27 PM

I would not really say that Rich's belief that there is no God is his god. In the past, many have had ideas that they put their faith in and defend, such as the idea that slavery is bad or that women should be allowed to vote. However, those beliefs were not the people's gods. They were simply things that they believed were right. I believe in God, so I think that Rich "has" a God but does not believe that He exists. The question is sort of paradoxical.
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#12 iSpelBadlie

iSpelBadlie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:19 AM

Sort of like saying, "This sentence is blue."

#13 joshuagenes

joshuagenes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:06 AM

Rich is man who believes in the No God god. He does everything that make a god a god to other men. He has faith in the idea there is no God and this idea is his god. He fights for his god, he defends his god, he has dogma and beliefs that reflect his no God god, and absolutely will not accept even the remotest possibility of any other God/gods. If a spade is a spade by any other name...does Rich have a god?

If Rich uses "No God" as an adjective, that names his god.

Faith, fighting, defenses, dogmas, intransigence and playing cards don't affect this.

I was trying to move beyond semantics and address the deeper realities.

#14 joshuagenes

joshuagenes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:17 AM

I would not really say that Rich's belief that there is no God is his god. In the past, many have had ideas that they put their faith in and defend, such as the idea that slavery is bad or that women should be allowed to vote. However, those beliefs were not the people's gods. They were simply things that they believed were right. I believe in God, so I think that Rich "has" a God but does not believe that He exists. The question is sort of paradoxical.

It is possible that people can make their beliefs into gods by upholding them above God in their lives. God is a title and position. In Christianity is says that God puts his word above his name. This is to say truth before title. If something holds that position in your life does it not also retain the title attributed to that position?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users