Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Adventures of B-kun: The Sirloined Letter

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#51 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Spoiler for Possible poison used

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#52 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Spoiler for Possible poison used

It isn't a sure thing, but certainly possible.  It's better than anything I came up with.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#53 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

Sorry, spent the last three months training in a pocket dimension where time was 20 times slower...*whistling* 

Ok Y-san, its been two months since the last comment, please divulge the answer. I have spent many hours on brainden, yet i have never posted a comment/answer. So please, in celebration of this momentous occasion, tell your answer.

Awww...this is the best present I got this year ^_^ .  In celebration, a continuance of the story:

Several hours later, as the police were taking the culprit into custody, Sergeant Principe approached the brooding detective.  "We got the lab results back, they confirm your suspicions.  There was poison found on the greens but only trace amounts, and also trace amounts found on the body, on the..."

Ben Near, who stood near and had already heard B-kun's deduction, interjected, "Guess that means you were right about what was missing, what someone who fancies himself a chef, who tries to be like a real professional chef would have.  And of course, a chef always tastes his food for seasoning.  But why didn't the culprit just take the sirloin with him?"

B-kun shrugged.  "I cannot say for certain the mindset of the culprit, but, although the murder itself may have been planned ahead of time, his reaction to the dying message was spontaneous.  It is likely in that moment he decided to use it to try to point to an outside source, in an attempt to prevent or at least delay the police from looking into the firm and finding out about whatever matter the culprit thought was worth killing for.  'A' is a very common initial, no doubt the police would have found someone in Victor's life with that letter to distract them."

Ben nodded.  "Makes sense."  He stroked his rough chin thoughtfully.  "You're good, you know that?  What am I saying, of course you do...is it true what Violet said?  That you were on your way to Harvard Law?  What happened?"

B-kun's steady eyes looked away.  "I do not want to discuss it."

Pursing his lips, Ben mused.  "It's about a woman, isn't it?  It's always about a woman..."

Spoiler for Comments on comments

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#54 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 AM

A good cook would only have one of or need one of?

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#55 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Flame: That's right.  An item was poisoned.  The killer could guarantee that the chef would use it regardless of what he made.  He wouldn't have more than one of them, either, because the killer didn't go crazy and poison all the things willy-nilly.

Spoiler for Hm

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#56 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:03 PM

Spoiler for trace amounts found on the body, on the...

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#57 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1356 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

Spoiler for and then...

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#58 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

One additional point to think about: not only would the tampering have to be obvious to Violet's father immediately after the fact, but he would also be able to deduce from the tampering who had actually done it.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#59 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3307 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

Spoiler for Getting close...

Okay, admittedly the full answer is a bit chef-specialized, but there's a point of contact, if you will, that should be pretty obvious anyone who's ever tried to cook.  Hint...think about what you do when you're going to cook...

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#60 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1017 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Spoiler for The first thing to do when preparing food would be to..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users