Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum
|Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.
Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.
If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.
Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
The Adventures of B-kun: The Sirloined Letter
Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:26 AM
- Bertrand Russell
Posted 02 January 2013 - 04:21 PM
Edited by CaptainEd, 02 January 2013 - 04:28 PM.
Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:27 PM
Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.
stand back. I'm going to apply logic.
Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:00 PM
* Y-san says poison was ingested, so no accidental seppuku
* Violet says nobody could get near Victor or his mise en place, so no poisoning his food or equipment.
* B-kun the Infallible says that any of the partners could be implicated by the A, (and so could Violet, although more ambiguously), so therefore we can't tell who did it from the letter
* B-kun says that the murderer probably removed the poisoned evidence.
* Most of us are suspicious of Violet's manner when describing the murder scene, but Y-san rejects that kind of reasoning because it's really about the trickiness of the culprit.
* Violet says the police learned that the three partners each had visited the kitchen, coming out with specific items. Perhaps we can actually believe her, and believe that she did NOT enter the kitchen until she found the body.
Edited by CaptainEd, 02 January 2013 - 09:04 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users