Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 akaslickster

akaslickster

SLICK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4852 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:40 AM

I see that comments are welcome to post. I like things the way they are, and if members do not want to read then, don't read. No more criticizing, no more troubles. I believe improvements will be brought when absolutely needed. Continuous complaints do not reconstruct matters at all. Best bet is to create an improvement, and then present it respectfully, and test it out before utilizing it. I have no qualms about anything as of yet.
I may have some great ideas for the future. Hope someone may beat me to them. :D
Posted ImageThe place where peace begins is within oneself. by Slick

#22 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:43 AM

I also wouldn't say no to a "games" section, under miscellaneous.
As I'm sure everyone knows, ever since Mafia, there seems to be a huge popularity of games on the Forums.
So.. Yeah, once again, I could see how this would be EVEN MORE work (which no one wants)
But I'm sure you could find someone to moderate it.

due to the increased interest in games here and a steady trend of playing them and starting new ones, I have created new forum section "Games" under "Miscellaneous"

if you feel that some threads were not moved properly to "Games", then pm me or the moderators

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#23 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:13 PM

Awesome, thanks! :D

#24 Ploper

Ploper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

Wow, that's awesome!
I spent like, 4 minutes in the other's section looking for "zombies" before I started wondering if the games thread had been made :D

#25 Joe's Student

Joe's Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

Wow, that's awesome!
I spent like, 4 minutes in the other's section looking for "zombies" before I started wondering if the games thread had been made :D

Did the exact same thing looking for Pirate Ship Mafia :lol: which you should consider playing btw...

#26 lemonymelon

lemonymelon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

i love how Mafia gets free advertising in the board index under "games" lol

awesome that you made a games forum rookie, thanks!

#27 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:55 PM

There is a lot of word riddles submitted to "New Puzzzles" each week. Their amount and popularity might be a good reason to create a new subforum for them. Split "New Puzzles" (renamed to "New Puzzles & Riddles") into "New Logic/Math Puzzles" and "New Word Riddles".

Spoiler for Puzzle definition

Spoiler for Riddle definition

Pros:
1. easier to distinguish between the 2 types - if you prefer 1 type over another you won't have to sift through all of them
2. hopefully more classic logic puzzles will be posted

Cons:
1. misplaced riddles/puzzles (although I think it is clear to distinguish word riddle and math/other puzzle)
2. new members might be discouraged to post if they know not where and if their threads are moved
3. more moderating

Let me know your thoughts and other pros/cons.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#28 andromeda

andromeda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3699 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 05:17 PM

Let me get this straight... you wanna take ALL the riddles from the New Puzzles Forum and split them into two sub forums?

That's A LOT of work!

2. new members might be discouraged to post if they know not where and if their threads are moved

I don't think that would be a problem cause new members are posting without reluctancy even after several of their riddles have been locked for being already posted.

Misplacing threads in wrong forums happens all the time.

I think dividing all of the riddles from New Puzzles is going to be a nightmare, but I like the idea of separate sub forums :)

EDIT: Oh and two sub forums are quite enough (referring to Unreality's suggestion)

Edited by andromeda, 12 April 2009 - 05:20 PM.

#29 Joe's Student

Joe's Student

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:04 PM

I think it's a great idea. It would cause me to spend more time looking at puzzles, which I don't do as much now, as I'm not really by the WAI's etc.. If the mods are up for the work, it sounds like a good idea.

I think your main problem is Con #1, but if enough notices are given (again more moderating), then it should work without too many misplaced topics.

#30 James T

James T

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:30 AM

from the first page:

no split yet ... I am quite busy these days ... I will keep you posted

HA! The pun strikes again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users