Fifteen individuals “live” in a “house” together. They compete for power and rewards. Every round, they vote out one player from the game. The last three players plead their cases to the Eliminated Eleven. The Eliminated Eleven vote for the winner. The winner is crowned Internet Reality Show Champion!
To start the game, the fifteen individuals are divided into three “Rooms” where they can have behind-the-scenes-conversations (BTSC) with each other. It is up to the players in these rooms how they choose to use the BTSC ability.
The game is played in "Rounds" that last four days each. Each Round consists of:
- 1 | The Leader Challenge | A challenge that awards the role of Game Leader to one of the players. The Game Leader is responsible for nominating two players for elimination from the game.
- 2 | The Reward Challenge | A challenge that awards one or more players with safety from elimination as well as another power in the game. Such powers might include:
- Nomination Modification (changing one of the two nominations),
- Vote Modification (changing one or more elimination votes),
- Room Creation (creating a new private BTSC room to discuss the game with players of your choice),
- Spy (the ability to "overhear" conversations in another's private BTSC room).
- 3 | Elimination | Players vote for one of two nominated players for elimination from the game.
Note: The time deadlines occur at 8 PM Central Time.
- Day One | The Leader Challenge is posted. Players work on solving the Leader Challenge.
- Day Two | The Leader Challenge answers are due. Results are posted. Players discuss the upcoming nominations for elimination.
- Day Three | The nominations are due and posted. The Reward Challenge is posted. Players work on solving the Reward Challenge.
- Day Four | The Reward Challenge answers are due. Results are posted. Elimination nomination changes are due (if necessary). Elimination voting begins. Players lobby for votes and cast their own votes.
- Day Five [Day One] | Elimination voting ends. The elimination results are posted. [The next Leader Challenge is posted.]
How the Game Will Look Here on BrainDen
- This is the RULES and SIGNUP thread.
- There will be a separate GAME thread called "The House." It will be a public thread to discuss the game, the challenges, the votes, anything at all.
- There will be three separate Private Messages called "The Rooms." These will be private rooms in which players can secretly discuss the game, challenges, voting, etc.
- There will be a fourth Private Message called "The Outside." This will be a private message for eliminated players to secretly discuss the game and the future vote for the game winner.
- Additional secret Rooms may be set up, depending on how the game unfolds and how the players choose to act.
- See the puzzles linked in my signature for examples of the challenges.
- Other challenges may be less brain-puzzle-esque and more random luck of the draw.
- If no one earns Leader status, all players are up for elimination rather than just two nominated players.
- If no one correctly solves a challenge, "points" may be awarded for closeness or for being on the right track, at the discretion of the Moderator, and so a winner or winners may still be declared.
- Players cannot contact each other about the game outside of the game structure (i.e. in real life or by email) Cheaters never win. If someone tries to contact you about the game outside of the game structure, don't respond, or simply respond with a polite reminder that game talk outside the parameters of the game is icky. If the attempts to cheat continue, please inform the Moderator. Remember, a win by dishonest means is an admission that you can't win on your own merit and are, therefore, a loser.
Edited by psykomakia, 19 August 2012 - 05:40 PM.