Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 2: The Power of Green

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

summon giant cylinder then slam it into the ground.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#162 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 04:29 AM

The clever and ever resilient Agent Flamebirde summoned up a giant cylinder (made of some dense material), which fell to the ground and created a pseudo-earthquake, displacing much of the water (and crocodiles) in the moat and 0incapacitating the soldiers.

Agent Omegascales, though hesitant at first, finally decided upon summoning up a giant piece of meat which was laced with a sleeping potion Agent phaze conjured.

Having successfully dispatched the enemies on the level, the creative Agents of Sector Lambda only had one last task:  to climb the tower and rescue the princess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alright, great ideas, let's see if we can finish this episode up ^_^, the next one will be somewhat easier, puzzle wise, and maybe a little lighter hearted...or maybe not ;).

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#163 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:00 AM

create a square pillow with 100 meters a side and 10 meters tall as close to the tower as possible and shout to the princess to jump to safety!

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#164 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:16 PM

“Help!” the Princess’s voice rang out from the tower.  “Someone, help me, please!  I was captured and imprisoned her by the evil Witch!  Please, someone, save me!”

The ever intrepid and tenacious Agent Flamebirde smiled brightly and summoned up a giant pillow for the princess to land on.  The copious skirt of the princess's pink gown also served as a parachute to some degree, gathering air and slowing her descent.

Kyle Rayner, Green Lantern - DEFEATED!
******************************************************************************************************

She wore an airy pink gown with a modest bodice that was amply adorned with lace and ribbon.  The sunlight streaming into the tower through the window created a halo around her hair, which cascaded down around thin shoulders in golden waves.  Uncertain blue eyes stared at the agents through long dark lashes.

Orin frowned.  There was something strange...strangely familiar about this woman.  

“It’s alright, you’re safe now,” Wraith accosted her in a reassuring tone.  He slowly took a small step forward and held out his hand to her.  “We’re here to rescue you.”

The Princess timorously extended a fine, porcelain skinned hand, placing it inside the Captain’s, tentatively at first.  Then, encouraged by his confident, friendly grin, she clasped her delicate fingers around his and gave him a pretty, affable smile.   

Abruptly an image appeared in Orin’s mind.  That same porcelain face, but sheathed, with the glare of intent in those piercing eyes.  “Wait,” he cried, reaching out…

...Not quickly enough.  The glint of a blade peaked out from under the pink drapes of the Princess’s dress just for a second before it was plunged into his Captain’s side.  

With a roar, Orin summoned up a short sword and swung it wildly at the Witch, who adeptly hopped back to dodge it.  The golden-haired young man knelt down and elevated the Captain’s shoulders onto his.

The ‘Princess’ form dissolved in little squares into a green silhouette, uniformly amorphous except for that pair of intense, scrutinizing eyes.  Then gradually, having expended the last of the Gateway’s power, the green form itself began to disintegrate.  

“I’m alright, I’m pretty sure it missed all my vital organs,” Wraith’s voice came hoarsely as Orin helped him to his feet.  Grimacing, his glance went to the Witch’s now disembodied eyes, still staring at the expression of concern on the young man’s face. For a moment, just a moment, he thought he saw something there, something he didn’t quite understand...and then they too, were gone.

He shook his head.  It was nothing, must be the pain getting to him.  He winced, turning to his team, then gave them the most cheerful smile he could manage.  “Well done, Agents, looks like that’s another one down.  Now let’s get back to the command center and celebrate!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From the second floor balcony, Father serenely surveyed the revelry of the exuberant agents below.   Notes of music interlaced with laughter and cheerful hollers wafted up from the tumult of faces, bodies, and refreshments.  Captain Wraith glanced in his direction, caught his eye, and raised a foamy half-emptied glass in salute.  Father smiled and nodded.

The great leader turned to Umi, who stood next to him, staring blankly into space as if her mind were lost in thought, or more accurately, computation. “They are developing well,” he commented, “this batch looks promising.”

Umi nodded her small silver-haired head.  “Yes, I calculate a 57.8% chance of success based on the data we’ve collected so far.  However, given the circumstances of the Witch, I can only calculate it a to a certainly of  73.1%.”

Father sighed, a deep rumble that seemed to reverberate in the space around them.  “Yes, we must still be careful, the Witch is...unpredictable.  That unpredictability is exactly what makes her so...problematic.”

The slim girl cocked her head at an angle.  “Are you not attempting to counteract that unpredictability with further unpredictability?”

“Yes,” Father replied slowly, his scrutinizing gaze traveling to the carousing agents below.  “That is another reason we must be careful…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great finale, next episode should be out this weekend. :D

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users