Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 2: The Power of Green

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#151 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:16 PM

You can still climb out; you shouldn't need to stay still to keep the walls up. You only need that much concentration to create it, after that you only need enough to maintain it. It's like turning on the lights: the moment it takes to turn on takes more energy than it does to keep it on.

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

#152 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3346 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

An ambitious Agent OmegaScales provided the final push that allowed the agents to make it to the top.  Agent Flamebirde placed the key in the lock and it turned with a very satisfying click.  Grinning excitedly, he pushed the hatch up and raised his head and shoulders above the opening.  Closing his eyes, he allowed the warm, welcoming sunlight to drench his skin.  Then he opened his eyes, and...

"Holy ****!" he interjected, hastily ducking back into the burrow just in the nick of time, as a front of smoldering air swept over the agents.  A few that managed to keep their eyes open caught a glimpse of the furious red-orange wave from whence it was emitted.

"..."  Captain Wraith slowly moved his agape jaw as realization dawned on him.  "You've got to be kidding me..."    

Spoiler for Final level

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#153 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:54 AM

I would like to suggest to find a way to get the army and the dragon fighting each other, though I'm not sure how to get that to happen.

Alternatively:

Can I summon a slab big enough to drop on and take out all the enemy soldiers? Or repeatedly do that until they're all taken care of?

If that would work, I also have a couple ideas on how to take care of the dragon, but I need to know how large it is first...

I'd like to hear other's thoughts on the former before deciding what to do.

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

#154 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:00 AM

Spoiler for

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#155 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3346 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

The creative agent phaze had some clever ideas, but unfortunately they did not follow the rules that the Witch had set forth here (and in the post after it).

The agents could guess the size of the dragon to fit within a 300 m box, judging by the scale of the tower, but any further attempts to approach it with a measuring tape would result in the measurer being promptly incinerated.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#156 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Can I summon St. George? :P

No, but seriously. My suggestion is to clothe one person in fire-proof armor and protect him from afar with whatever buffs we can give him. could we summon a pit for the soldiers to fall in?

EDIT: better idea! summon a giant magnet to get all the soldiers' armor and weapons!

EDIT2: catapult which throws a poison ball which explodes when it hits the dragon, creating a poison gas around the dragon.

Edited by flamebirde, 29 August 2013 - 06:10 PM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#157 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:32 PM

The agents could guess the size of the dragon to fit within a 300 m box, judging by the scale of the tower, but any further attempts to approach it with a measuring tape would result in the measurer being promptly incinerated.

That ends my idea of sealing it in a box.

Can I summon a large chunk of meat laced with sleeping pills? Or would the dragon just burn it to a crisp, not eating it?

I don't think there is any way to get the dragon and soldiers fighting each other, so I'll go with my second choice.

#158 phaze

phaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1002 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:58 AM

In that case summon an earthquake such that it causes an 11 meter high tsunami in the moat

Someone better quick summon some life-jackets...

Perfecting Mafia suicide since August 2008

#159 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3346 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

The agents floated some very creative ideas around.  However, the Witch was in the details...they had to summon objects that fit into the rules of the round.  For example, one agent wanted to create an earthquake, but that was not an object itself that could be created, but it was a phenomenon that could possibly be generated by creating other objects?  And they had to remember that each agent could only summon one object at a time, and only objects that could be easily described in a word or two (not complex contraptions designed specifically for the task...although they could combine simple objects that different agents summoned into a complex invention if they so desired).  Whatever they decided to try in the end, they had to summon it with the power of green.

#160 Brainy Binary

Brainy Binary

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:50 AM

I like to order (in priority):

Pegasus (the winged horse)

Vorpal sword

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users