Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 2: The Power of Green

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#131 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:59 AM

Hint: Her supplementary rule suggests quite a bit, and a quick search of the ever-handy Google, brought to you by neuro-link™ suggests that ice melts faster in water than in air of the same temperature. Something to do with the amount of molecules and all the other lark. The point is, I summon 100 cubic liters(or meters, whatever) of water to help melt the ice. Hope y'all can swim.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#132 Brainy Binary

Brainy Binary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:07 AM

[s] The volume of the box is 6.75 million *** of water while an agent can make 100 *** . Create agent multiplicator [s]

#133 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

[s] The volume of the box is 6.75 million *** of water while an agent can make 100 *** . Create agent multiplicator [s]

??? The volume of the box is 150m x 150m x 300m, the agent can make 100m x 100m x 100m.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#134 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

Agent Aaryan cleverly surmised that perhaps thermodynamics was the key to, well, the key.  So he summoned up the maximum amount of water he could with his will to speed up the ice melting.

A new agent, Binary, was originally confused about the strength of his own will, and attempted to create an 'agent multiplicator', which, since summoning intelligent creatures was against the Green Gate's rules, did not work as he had planned, but instead, only served to agitate the water, which in turn, sped up the convective heat transfer process.

The key was now free.  Now they just had to get to the top.  Agent Aaryan had already considered a way to do this, but he would need some help.  There were other ways as well, and the agents pondered which path to take.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#135 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Let's everyone just create a ton of water and float to the top.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#136 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:32 AM

Make as much water as I can to help aaryan.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#137 vistaptb

vistaptb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

Make as much water as I can to help aaryan.

#138 flamebirde

flamebirde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

actually: get rid of water, create wall and stand it parallel to a different wall, such that any water placed in the gap between the original wall and the created wall will stay there, and not move into the room proper.

EDIT: also, this wall will stand 100 m away from one wall, so that it is two thirds of the way over to the next wall. This wall is just sufficiently thick enough to contain the water. Said wall also is as long as I can create to stretch from one wall to the other, so it is perpendicular to two walls but also parallel to the other two walls. When properly placed, it should make a kind of messed up capital i shape, with the connecting part moved over about 16.66666...% left or right. Said wall may or may not be long enough to cover the whole 150m, but it should stretch about 2/3 of the way across.

This wall should lessen the amount of water needed to reach the top by one third.

Edited by flamebirde, 03 July 2013 - 04:37 PM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#139 flamebirde

flamebirde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

This should clarify what I mean.Untitled.png

#140 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

The agents worked together to create water to float to the top.  Then Agent Flamebirde had a great idea...create a wall to lessen the space needed, to lessen the amount of water they would need to create.  However, the maximum dimensions of the wall were 100m, so it would fully encompass the 150m room...

"Wait..." Orin murmured slowly, as an idea came to him.  "Who said we were confined to two dimensions?  Remember the first thing the Witch created, when we got here..."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users