Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Human origin" according to my own theory"

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#81 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

Thank you Thalia and Phaze. I find your answers fascinating.

#82 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:06 AM

Kestrel, any relationship takes time. No one goes from meeting their boyfriend/girlfriend to having a strong relationship over night.

Je sais... I just miss having a stronger relationship.

EDIT: Just switching languages. ^_^

Edited by kestrelknight, 11 September 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#83 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 09:07 PM

I have a question for all you atheists and agnostics out there: Why do you believe what you believe? I'd just like to know.
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#84 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:26 PM

A lot of the time, how someone is raised will lead them to believe or disbelieve. Science has proven this. However, science is not 100% accurate. This is perhaps due to divine (or otherwise) powers. Some people are born good, and stay good even through experiences that would normally corrupt people. Some are born evil...

does that make sense to you?

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

#85 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1662 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:39 PM

I love it when Christians ask a question on "why do you have faith?" I believe in my heart and mind (but mostly my mind) that I am right. I have faith in my perceptions and beliefs. I trust the reality as I perceive it and mediate my actions appropriately... just like any Christian. Though, I guess being deist this question may not have been meant for me... sorry

#86 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:59 PM

I love it when Christians ask a question on "why do you have faith?" I believe in my heart and mind (but mostly my mind) that I am right. I have faith in my perceptions and beliefs. I trust the reality as I perceive it and mediate my actions appropriately... just like any Christian. Though, I guess being deist this question may not have been meant for me... sorry

That's okay. Thank you anyway.

A lot of the time, how someone is raised will lead them to believe or disbelieve. Science has proven this. However, science is not 100% accurate. This is perhaps due to divine (or otherwise) powers. Some people are born good, and stay good even through experiences that would normally corrupt people. Some are born evil...
does that make sense to you?

I don't agree with that, but I can see how someone might think that. Do you know of any particular reason why atheists don't think God exists?

#87 OmegaScales

OmegaScales

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

I'm sure there are plenty, but here are a few I have heard:

• Science can [or will eventually] answer any question.
  • If there were a god, the world wouldn't be so messed up.
  • "I just don't." -Several atheists.

When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.

#88 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1345 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 03:23 AM

Frankly, I believe that there may or may not be a God because I have seen no reason to believe otherwise. I go to a Catholic school, will go to another Catholic school, and have a very devout piano teacher with whom I visit every week. Even with all of these influences, I still don't know whether a God exists or not. In fact, how do you know how your God is the right one? Almost all religions say something along the lines of "You need to believe in this religion or you will go to hell" or something of that sort. If I believed in your God, what happens if Zeus or some other god/goddess/mix thereof actually exists?

EDIT: spelling.

Edited by flamebirde, 11 December 2013 - 03:23 AM.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#89 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Well, most Christians believe that since the one true God exists, there is no need to worry about going to hell because there are no other gods. As to which god or God to believe in, I took a look at all the major religions (Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Pantheism, Christianity) and examined their basis for faith. Christianity was the only one that had both evidence for it, and all the others had holes in them or were missing enough support. If it does turn out that some obscure little cult god is the true one, then I (and many others) would be enormously surprised.

#90 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:43 PM

Well, most Christians believe that since the one true God exists, there is no need to worry about going to hell because there are no other gods. As to which god or God to believe in, I took a look at all the major religions (Judaism, Buddhism, Islam, Hinduism, Pantheism, Christianity) and examined their basis for faith. Christianity was the only one that had both evidence for it, and all the others had holes in them or were missing enough support. If it does turn out that some obscure little cult god is the true one, then I (and many others) would be enormously surprised.

Christianity has evidence and no holes in it and the others do? Wha...?

All religions have their problems...

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users