Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Human origin" according to my own theory"

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#21 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:13 PM

I mean "evolution" as one creature changing into another. There is nothing wrong with simple mutations, for instance, two dogs breeding to produce a whole different type of dog. Natural selection and mutation are proven theories that we can see happening in the world today. Evolution, however, is not.
"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#22 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

With enough mutation and natural selection over time certain features evolve as dominant characteristics and lead for a species survival.

#23 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:04 PM

I'm with BMAD on this one - I believe that there is on omnipotent "creator", some sort of incomprehensible being that created the universe. Simply put, there is really no other way.

But I do believe that's where things stop. This "God", for lack of a better world, was the stimuli that began the world. However, I don't think that "It" shaped creatures and all that. Evolution (really, just natural selection over millenia) took its course. This creator probably does not guide us in particular (humans are, at the basic level, animals. And no other animals get divine help). Maybe there's an afterlife, maybe there isn't. But this creator is out there somewhere, doing...God stuff, I guess. Probably off messing around with a world where elephants have wings and civilization and stuff.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#24 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:37 AM

I'm with BMAD on this one - I believe that there is on omnipotent "creator", some sort of incomprehensible being that created the universe. Simply put, there is really no other way.

But I do believe that's where things stop. This "God", for lack of a better world, was the stimuli that began the world. However, I don't think that "It" shaped creatures and all that. Evolution (really, just natural selection over millenia) took its course. This creator probably does not guide us in particular (humans are, at the basic level, animals. And no other animals get divine help). Maybe there's an afterlife, maybe there isn't. But this creator is out there somewhere, doing...God stuff, I guess. Probably off messing around with a world where elephants have wings and civilization and stuff.

Why would the creator stay "out there" doing "God stuff"? We have a need to be social, maybe He does too. I doubt that's fulfilled by screwing around with aware, flying elephants.

#25 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

I like to think of the creator as a curious child playing with a train set.  build it, plan what it is going to do, then marvel as the train goes around in circles...eventually boredom hits and it is time to go build another train set.

#26 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:06 PM

I like to think of the creator as a curious child playing with a train set.  build it, plan what it is going to do, then marvel as the train goes around in circles...eventually boredom hits and it is time to go build another train set.

A kid can't do that forever. Trust me. I've watched one try. This God we're talking about is omniscient, he doesn't need to build the train set, because he knows exactly what's going to happen. He can recreate it all in his head without having to affect the actual world. If that's the only reason he's created, why should he bother?

#27 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:03 PM

your god may be omniscient.  I made no such assumption.  

#28 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:35 AM

If he knows enough to know how to create the beginnings of life, I'm sure he's close enough.

#29 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:50 AM

You guys are thinking of the creator as some sort of person (the elephant thing was a joke, btw, referring to John Green's rant about elephants gestation). I think "it" is incomprehensible. Just sort of exists. If it is anthropomorphic, then it's probably got something to keep it occupied. A game of chess against himself with eternity on the clock would be rather fun.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#30 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1696 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

If he knows enough to know how to create the beginnings of life, I'm sure he's close enough.

I agree with Aaryan on this part.  I make no claim of intent or knowledge of the creator.  I mistakenly created life in my cup one day when i let set the residue of an old soda for about three weeks.  If those millions of life forms ever gained sentience what would they think of me?  God?, caring god? merciful lord? oh great omniscient being? creator? or a person too busy to remember to wash out his cup?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users