Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Human origin" according to my own theory"

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#11 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

How on earth does the story of Cain support your idea that evolution is guided by a supernatural force?

*sigh* Nevermind.

#12 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:46 AM

How on earth does the story of Cain support your idea that evolution is guided by a supernatural force?

Please don't be angry at me. Despite what you probably think, that theory is not at all founded in my religious beliefs. Like I said, I'm very logical. And I often doubt things in my religion due to that. I'm just lucky my religion is very logical as well.

And also, when anger is involved, I tend to go with the side that's less angry, because that usually means they have their stuff together....

#13 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:55 AM

Also, Wolfgang, that is interesting. Like maybe Israel is chosen because they are the direct descendants of Adam and Eve.

#14 wolfgang

wolfgang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Also, Wolfgang, that is interesting. Like maybe Israel is chosen because they are the direct descendants of Adam and Eve.

:thumbsup: may be..who knows !

#15 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:13 PM

Israel (the nation) is descendant from Jacob (renamed Israel) so that all descendants of Adam and Eve (except the lineage of Jacob) are not God's chosen. This was God's promise to Abraham (the grandfather of Jacob) in Genesis 12:1-3.

I have always wondered about Nod and the people who lived there and have heard a few explanations (although nothing can be proven). In a time when people lived longer, Adam and Eve had other children who moved to other lands before the curse of Cain.

Genesis 5:5- "So all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years; and he died."

I'm not discounting the theory. It's just as viable as anything else and I'm glad to see the discussion on the subject.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#16 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:22 AM

I'm not discounting the theory. It's just as viable as anything else

Eh?

#17 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

Eh?

I was referring to benjer's post #13.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#18 Kikacat123

Kikacat123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:22 PM

I hope that I don't sound rude, but it is illogical to believe in evolution and God. If you believe that God is God( that is, all powerful and omnipotent) than why would he create some stuff and let other stuff evolve? If you believe that the Bible is true, than the Hebrew wording of the text clearly indicate a literal "day" further supported by the phrases "the first day", "the second day", etc.,and "there was morning, and there was evening". These do not point to millions of years. Being a Christian and Creationist, I believe that God created in six literal days. I believe these things because I have researched theories for the origin of life and find Creationism to be true. If anyone is interested in the evidence for Creationism or support for the Bible, I would be happy to post it here or on a different topic.

Edited by Kikacat123, 24 March 2013 - 10:25 PM.

"Silflay hraka, u embleer Rah!" - Thlayli, Watership Down

#19 kestrelknight

kestrelknight

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

Being a Christian and Creationist, I believe that God created in six literal days. I believe these things because I have researched theories for the origin of life and find Creationism to be true. If anyone is interested in the evidence for Creationism or support for the Bible, I would be happy to post it here or on a different topic.

Wow. I didn't know. I am also a Christian and a Creationist, but my faith tends to be kinda messy, and thinking about it and trying to put it into words tends to make it worse. That's why I won't be posting my own beliefs, but perhaps some comments on those of other people.

#20 BMAD

BMAD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1660 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:47 PM

I hope that I don't sound rude, but it is illogical to believe in evolution and God. If you believe that God is God( that is, all powerful and omnipotent) than why would he create some stuff and let other stuff evolve? If you believe that the Bible is true, than the Hebrew wording of the text clearly indicate a literal "day" further supported by the phrases "the first day", "the second day", etc.,and "there was morning, and there was evening". These do not point to millions of years. Being a Christian and Creationist, I believe that God created in six literal days. I believe these things because I have researched theories for the origin of life and find Creationism to be true. If anyone is interested in the evidence for Creationism or support for the Bible, I would be happy to post it here or on a different topic.

I find it perfectly logical to allow evolution and creation. All events need an impetus hence creation but would be boring if nothing ever changed from that point. It may be due to my raising in the eastern block but I am a deistic individual and i see nothing wrong with a hirer being starting things, creating a set of rules (or laws) for those things to operate in then sitting back and enjoying the events and reactions that unfold as they strive to exist within (maybe even bend/break) those rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users