Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Human origin" according to my own theory"

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#1 wolfgang

wolfgang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:28 PM

As we know,according to Bible, God creates the world in six days,as the earth is spherical, so the word"day" makes no sence, but I think it refers to a period of time which is ( about 756,666) milion years( depending on the age of earth which is about 4.54 billion years,devided by 6 periods).
We read in Bible that in fifth period God commands the sea to "teem with living creatures".
And in the late stage of the sixth period he creates humanity.
According to Charles Darwin who was the first to formulate a scientific argument for the theory of evolution by means of natural selection.
we can immagine that these sea creatures were able to evolute and have enough time to undergo their high grade of evolution reaching humanity.
And when God creats human at the end of the sixth period, this human ( according to my own theory) was not the only one on earth ,but there were other human beings generats from evolution.
After that , they married each other and mixed together leading to us.
What do you think?

#2 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:50 PM

From what I've heard, in the original Hebrew of the Old Testament, the actual wording is a period of time, but that was translated to a "day."

As to the rest of it. I am personally wary of evolution, and that's not because I'm religious but because I'm logical. I can see the earliest beginnings where the primordial soup formed the basics of life, and I can see the very end where evolution and natural selection are making subtle changes in species. However, I can't for the life of me see the middle.

If you think about it, once you get even only to the first single-celled creatures, hardly any mutations will be beneficial. The chances are probably in the range of one out of a billion or so. That would mean you need billions of one species for a few to have beneficial mutations. Then the mutants have to be able to survive long enough to make a billion more of their kind, with many more, probably detrimental mutations getting in the way. While getting to the proper numbers probably wouldn't be a problem in the bacterial world, there is still a lot going against even them probability-wise.

If you look deeper into the probabilities, you will realize that for every beneficial mutation, there will be millions of other mutations, most of them detrimental. The only way greater organization can come out of that is with incredibly large numbers. Again, this isn't much of a problem for bacteria, but when you carry this over to the multi-cellular world, I see major problems.

Today we're worried about the genomes of species, including ourselves, degrading rather than continuing to evolve, for the same reasons that I just mentioned. So how could species have evolved so far up to this point, but only just now have genomic problems? I know some of it has to do with the lack of natural selection, especially in humans and agricultural breeds, but in no way does that cover all of it. The only solution I can come up with is divine intervention. Without it, I can't see any hope for complex life.

So to get back to your theory, I believe all the species we're created by God through evolution. I don't think significant complexity-building evolution is possible without God. Some species may have evolved on their own, but from my observations, none of them are more complex than their ancestors. So maybe there was one race of mankind that other species diverged from, or maybe primitive man-like beings did evolve from apes, but I can't see equals to humans being the offspring of pure evolution.

#3 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:55 PM

I can't see equals to humans being the offspring of pure evolution.

It's not from "pure evolution." It's from evolution through natural selection. And natural selection does account for increased complexity.

#4 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

It's not from "pure evolution." It's from evolution through natural selection. And natural selection does account for increased complexity.

I'm talking about natural selection, too. When I say "beneficial mutation" I mean one that gives them a greater chance of survival. But say a species just underwent a beneficial mutation, and then those with the mutation out-survive those without it. (And I know evolution is not this linear, but I believe talking about it this way is sufficient.) It will probably be hundreds of years before the next beneficial mutation in the population, and during that time there will be countless detrimental mutations. How can a species survive all of its detrimental mutations just with a few beneficial mutations every now and then? (And forgive me for not being very knowledgeable about all the facts and figures. The furthest I have gone in biology so far is my high school advanced biology course. There may be facts that completely destroy my theory, but I haven't heard any yet.)

#5 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:25 AM

How can a species survive all of its detrimental mutations just with a few beneficial mutations every now and then?

Or not survive per se. I mean how can it grow in complexity when most of it's mutations are detrimental?

#6 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:01 AM

The detrimental mutations die out while the beneficial ones thrive.

#7 benjer3

benjer3

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

The detrimental mutations die out while the beneficial ones thrive.

But wouldn't those with the rare beneficial mutations be already riddled with detrimental mutations?

#8 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

No.

#9 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

But wouldn't those with the rare beneficial mutations be already riddled with detrimental mutations?

Those that are will die. There will be, however, that single organism where every mutation lines up perfectly, and thus will survive and thrive and the process repeats.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#10 wolfgang

wolfgang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:06 PM

Thanks dear friends,joining me in my theory...
When I was young...I asked myself many questions about our origin...how come that out of two identical persons( Adam and Eve),five human races are formed?
and should the original children marry each other?!
Moreover, when I read what happened to Cain after he killed his brother Abel, the lord punshed him,thus he said:
I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me.'
But the Lord said to him, 'Not so; anyone who kills Cain will suffer vengeance seven times over.' Then the Lord put a mark on Cain so that no-one who found him would kill him.
So Cain went out from the Lord's presence and lived in the land of Nod,east of Eden.
Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch
I noticed that he married a woman from another land, and this supports my idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users