Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 1: The Gate of Blue Heaven

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#81 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

saw that too if it's not a type-o. i think its a reference to six also " After the sixth installment of the series,"

six is divisible by 18 and 36
sixteen is divisible by 8
6 and 8 are divisible by 24
i think there are supposed to be 24 buttons pushed by the end, that would be a string of six more buttons

but i'm just thinking out loud it could just be a type-o

#82 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

That would explain the "vertically labeled" bit I was confused about.

It's a wedge shape, so that's the way it would look.

And yet the plot says there were 16 installments. Typo, Y-san?

Yeah, something weird happened with the copy-pasting. Part got repeated. Here:

(1,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,1,0), (0,1,0), (0,1,0), (0,0,0), (0,0,0), (1,1,1), (1,1,1), (0,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,0,0), (1,0,0), (0,0,1), (1,1,1), (0,0,0)
Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#83 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1825 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I think this is probably more color related than xyz axis related. I think the triplets are RGB values of some sort. So the 5 buttons correspond to red (1,0,0), green (0,1,0), blue (0,0,1), white (1,1,1) and black (0,0,0). I don't have much HTML development experience, but I think the reference to "style" refers to CSS style sheets and how colors are referenced in them. I looked up "cornflower blue" and it is one of the named colors that should be known by all browsers. It's hex value is #6495ED. (Interestingly, the blue color value used to show the coordinates is not cornflower blue, but the value #6699cc). Anyway, my thinking is that since the room is cornflower blue and the sphere is reflecting that color, I think we need to figure out how the coded sequence is related to that specific color.

#84 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

I think this is probably more color related than xyz axis related. I think the triplets are RGB values of some sort. So the 5 buttons correspond to red (1,0,0), green (0,1,0), blue (0,0,1), white (1,1,1) and black (0,0,0). I don't have much HTML development experience, but I think the reference to "style" refers to CSS style sheets and how colors are referenced in them. I looked up "cornflower blue" and it is one of the named colors that should be known by all browsers. It's hex value is #6495ED. (Interestingly, the blue color value used to show the coordinates is not cornflower blue, but the value #6699cc). Anyway, my thinking is that since the room is cornflower blue and the sphere is reflecting that color, I think we need to figure out how the coded sequence is related to that specific color.

Well, following this, I see Cornflower Blue as (100,149,237) and I'm not sure how it relates here.

However, I don't think this is the correct path, since any of the given sets of numbers all give you the color black in hex code.
Here:
http://www.color-hex.com/color/010000
http://www.color-hex.com/color/000100
http://www.color-hex.com/color/000000
http://www.color-hex.com/color/010101

I'm still think about ordered trios, here, since every one of those sets of numbers looks exactly like they were plotted on a graph.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#85 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

The style color she used in the post was

color: rgb(102, 153, 204)

#86 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:40 PM

The sphere also suggests 3 dimensions.

#87 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:41 PM

Well, following this, I see Cornflower Blue as (100,149,237) and I'm not sure how it relates here.

However, I don't think this is the correct path, since any of the given sets of numbers all give you the color black in hex code.
Here:
http://www.color-hex.com/color/010000
http://www.color-hex.com/color/000100
http://www.color-hex.com/color/000000
http://www.color-hex.com/color/010101

I'm still think about ordered trios, here, since every one of those sets of numbers looks exactly like they were plotted on a graph.

I tried to use hex code on a previous puzzle and got this response

The agents continued to concentrate. A few of them thought it might have to do with hex values.

"Perhaps," Father responded. "But the Witch has no particular interest in the computational. She likes to play."

#88 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

I tried to use hex code on a previous puzzle and got this response

The agents continued to concentrate. A few of them thought it might have to do with hex values.

"Perhaps," Father responded. "But the Witch has no particular interest in the computational. She likes to play."

And yet she used a hexcode in another previous puzzle, so the quoted clue probably had more to do with that specific puzzle than all of them.

#89 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:44 PM

two thoughts i had were spherical coordinate system and binary code

but i can't get binary code to work and not really sure how to use a spherical coordinate system

#90 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3395 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

She was bemused at the latest pack of new toys Father had sent to sniff around her gateway. They seemed clever enough, and they had gotten past the first few rooms, true, but they would never get past this room. Creatures like them, so entrenched in the computational, would never be able to see the beauty around them, to understand it and its import. No, this was why she was what she was, why she must be what she must be and must do what she must do. Father had failed before, and here he would fail once more.
Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users