Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 1: The Gate of Blue Heaven

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#71 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:00 PM

Your bottom row isn't Z-X-C-V-B-N-M ?

beside Shift yes it is...what else is supposed to be there?? :/

#72 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

beside Shift yes it is...what else is supposed to be there?? :/

So... X is the second letter on the third row.... so X is 32 not 31....

#73 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

So... X is the second letter on the third row.... so X is 32 not 31....

ooh i was counting the key like this(see below) ..which follows the code tell you get to the third row then is off by one :duh:

qwertyuiop
asdfghjkl
zxcvbnm

#74 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:14 PM

Ah. C=33, so X is one less=32

#75 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:46 PM

Good job, guys, sorry, not into the math stuff so much but I'll try!

Edited by Aaryan, 05 July 2012 - 10:50 PM.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#76 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3394 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:04 AM

The third door capitulated with nary a contest. Captain Wraith smiled as he watched his underlings march through it. Father must be proud...

The room they entered now was very round, perhaps even perfectly round, with cornflower blue walls (or perhaps it was better to say ‘wall’). There were no paintings or displays, the wall was a pristine barren blue. The ceiling was a metallic looking dome, and In the center of the room was a round table a shade lighter than the walls on which levitated a large metallic sphere whose surface took on a bluish hue as it reflected the color of the room.

Around it were several large, translucent, wedge shaped buttons, which were vertically labeled: (0,0,0), (0,0,1), (1.0,0), (0,1,0) and (1,1,1)

Cautiously, Orin approached the table. When he was within touching distance of it, it seemed to sense it presence and the (1,0,0) button lit up for a moment, then turned back off. Orin glanced back at Captain Wraith, who nodded, and then pressed gingerly down on the button.

A moment later, the (1,0,0) button lit up again (and turned off), and a moment later, the (0,1,0) button lit (and turned off). Orin mimicked the pattern. Then it was (1,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,1,0). Orin continued to repeat the shown series. After the sixth installment of the series, it became somewhat difficult for Orin to remember, but with the forthcoming aid of the other agents, he managed to get each within a few tries. The sixteenth installment was:

(1,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,1,0), (0,1,0), (0,1,0), (0,0,0), (0,0,0), (1,1,1), (1,1,1), (0,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,0,0), (0,1,0), (0,0,0), (1,0,0), (0,0,1), (1,1,1), (0,0,0)

But after he had repeated it correctly (yes, he and all the rest of agents were certain that it had been correct), instead of continuing on to the next installment, the buttons remained dark.

“I’m guessing we have to figure out the rest of the series for ourselves,” Wraith spoke up after a few moments. “I have an idea, but...it seems dependent on style...”

Father’s voice came. “Yes, but I believe the Witch gives beauty the benefit of a doubt.”
Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page! Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#77 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'm seeing something to do with a 3-D plane, with an X,Y, and Z axis. Perhaps it created a hint to the next part?

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#78 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

That would explain the "vertically labeled" bit I was confused about.

#79 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

I'm seeing something to do with a 3-D plane, with an X,Y, and Z axis. Perhaps it created a hint to the next part?

i thought that too, but why would you have four of the same coordinates in a row?

i did see there are 18 buttons pushed
and the sequence has 18 1
and 36 0
don't know if this helps

#80 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

i did see there are 18 buttons pushed

And yet the plot says there were 16 installments. Typo, Y-san?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users