Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 1: The Gate of Blue Heaven

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#31 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3227 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:40 AM

The agents continued to concentrate. A few of them thought it might have to do with hex values.

"Perhaps," Father responded. "But the Witch has no particular interest in the computational. She likes to play."

"Or maybe we have to research the pictures?" One suggested.

"That I doubt," was the great Father's reply. "The second picture, I believe it is a private picture, I recognize the destination, and professional pictures taken there are of a much higher quality. I also do not believe the destination itself has anything to do with the solution. You should search for some element in the picture, or related to the picture. The tool itself, I suspect, you will have to search for, as it is not something easily memorized in its entirety."

Wraith considered for a moment, then his eyes glazed as if he was looking at something through his neuro-link. "Yes...hmm...that seems to work. It would seem 209 is the most straightforward of the bunch. It's exactly what's in the picture."

(Aside: Yes, I did take the second picture myself :D. It's Huang Long/Jui Zhai Gou in Northwest China, and truly breathtaking if you ever get a chance to go. And no, that has nothing to do with the puzzle ^_^ )

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 2 is awaiting it's epic conclusion...are you up to the task?

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#32 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 03:22 AM

I'm going to avoid spoilers unless posting a specific answer since I think we are playing this collectively. I think Pops has twice mentioned the word "element" when referring to the pictures. And I think to begin this puzzle, we need to figure out how to map the contents of the picture to the number in the plaque. I'm hoping that this will lead to a 6 word question that we can answer with the keypad.

Right now I'm trying to see if I can somehow map the pictures to a specific number by using the periodic table (keying off of the use of the word "element"). My first try is to simply try to spell something using only element symbols and then add the atomic numbers together to get a final number. But I haven't found anything yet to indicate it's the right strategy. I've gotten close with the following on 209

Spoiler for 209

I'll keep trying other word combinations and see what comes up.

#33 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:03 AM

I'm going to avoid spoilers unless posting a specific answer since I think we are playing this collectively. I think Pops has twice mentioned the word "element" when referring to the pictures. And I think to begin this puzzle, we need to figure out how to map the contents of the picture to the number in the plaque. I'm hoping that this will lead to a 6 word question that we can answer with the keypad.

Right now I'm trying to see if I can somehow map the pictures to a specific number by using the periodic table (keying off of the use of the word "element"). My first try is to simply try to spell something using only element symbols and then add the atomic numbers together to get a final number. But I haven't found anything yet to indicate it's the right strategy. I've gotten close with the following on 209

Spoiler for 209

I'll keep trying other word combinations and see what comes up.

Spoiler for try

#34 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Good call TO. I think this is the way forward, it's now a matter of finding the right word(s) for each pic to "score".

Spoiler for 113

#35 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:18 AM

Spoiler for 184

#36 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:23 AM

Spoiler for 227

#37 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:24 AM

just to add cobalt is a blue metal and a six letter word maybe i should have be looking at that instead of zinc...just a thought

#38 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

Spoiler for 117

One left to go.

Edited by MikeD, 03 July 2012 - 07:02 AM.

hi again, everyone. Nice to be back home. :)

#39 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Spoiler for 124 (maybe)

hi again, everyone. Nice to be back home. :)

#40 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:07 PM

[great work gentlemen. I was using elements, too, but couldn't get anything to fit.]

Okay, so pulling these together we enter into the keypad..... ??

Perhaps the number of elements in each: 334453

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users