Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 1: The Gate of Blue Heaven

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#11 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

One of the agents here is the squad captain. Did you get the memo? Good. Your test, new agents, is to figure out which one.

Spoiler for Another Question

Yes, he's talking to the recruits.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 3 is finally here!

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#12 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

Spoiler for the memo?

#13 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

I think I have it.

Spoiler for the squad captain is

Spoiler for reason

hi again, everyone. Nice to be back home. :)

#14 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 12:53 AM

That's.... interesting. I swear I did exactly that and got a string of random letters. Maybe I forgot how to count?

#15 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:50 AM

Janine grinned, dimpling prettily. "Good job!"

Wraith shrugged. "Eh, not bad...for rookies." He paused, as if listening to a private line on his neuro-link. After a moment: "Father says that is acceptable. Your uniforms will be waiting for you in your rooms. Now, go suit up. The real battle will begin soon."

Orin nodded. Umi only stared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well done! Next segment will be up shortly. Puzzle-wise, it's pretty simple, but it's more of a set-up for the next stage. And as for the stage itself...well...you'll see :D

Spoiler for In answer to fabpig

Edited by Yoruichi-san, 01 July 2012 - 01:51 AM.

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

#16 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:14 AM

EPISODE 1:

The Gate of Blue Heaven

“They talked wildly of the death of the blue heaven and the setting up of the golden one; they said a new cycle was beginning and would bring universal good fortune to all members; and they persuaded people to chalk the symbols for the first year of the new cycle on the main door of their dwellings.”

-from Romance of the Three Kingdoms, chapter 1.

A procession of sleek black vehicles, their windows tinted and no doubt bulletproof, drove into the dock, pulling up right next to the lapping waters. Less than a second before they had come to a stop, their doors swung ajar and out lept the agents, fresh and ready for action, as they donned crisp new uniforms, black with the symbol lambda meticulously embossed on the breast in silver thread trimmed with gold.

The eager new agents searched around. “Where’s the Gateway?” one queried at Captain Wraith, who wore a black shirt under a black leather jacket with the lambda symbol scrawled over the back. Besides him stood Orin, also in a black shirt, with black gloves on the back of which the lambda symbol was engraved.

“We’ll have to go a little farther to get to it,” the leader replied, winking. “It's surrounded by blue...”

Peering across the waters, the agent frowned. “I don’t see a boat...”

Suddenly, the agents noticed a humming sound approaching from behind them. As they turned, Wraith grinned and raised his voice, “That’s because we’re not going by boat.” He waved a lean hand at the pair of approaching helicopters. “A boat wouldn’t take us where we need to go...”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the glistening waves the choppers glided, their buzzing mirrored by the buzzing of anticipation inside the new agents. Despite the admonitions of the pilots, they were leaning out of their seats, straining to catch a glimpse of their destination.

“No matter how hard you try, you won’t find it that way,” the Captain remarked with a bemused smile. And he was right. All the agents could make out in the blue sky were clouds and, well, more blue sky.

A few minutes later, the pilot shouted back at them, “We’re here, buckle in.”

Here? Where? There was nothing but clouds around them and a particularly large cloud above them. They looked at each other with confusion but did as they were told.

Abruptly, the chopper began moving upwards. Up, up...the cloud was coming closer, nearly touching them.

“Is this safe?” One of the agents asked. Wraith only smiled.

The new agents held their breaths as the chopper’s blades permeated the cloud, but there was no sudden jerk, no stalling of the motor that most of them feared. They continued to move upwards...into the cloud...through the cloud...and...

They emerged in a large alcove, a room really, of immense proportions, with midnight blue walls, and a platform along one side with a long staircase leading to a small, greyish door.

The choppers pulled over to the platform and landed, and the agents, most in a state somewhere between shock and awe, piled out slowly.

Giving a not-too-gentle nudge to the agent in front of him, Orin frowned. “No time to waste. The Witch has been alerted to our presence by now. We need to get moving.”

He stamped up the staircase and the agents followed. As they approached the door, they realized that it was made of a sturdy, metallic material that was not truly grey, but a silvery blue . There was no handle, but a keypad with letter and numbers.

Orin’s frown deepened. “We can’t break this door down. We need the code.”

Wraith grinned knowingly. “It’s easy enough to see...”

#17 DudleyDude

DudleyDude

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1823 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:37 AM

Is it ok if a new agent drops in now and again?

Spoiler for I'd try

#18 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:22 AM

Is it ok if a new agent drops in now and again?

Spoiler for I'd try

Yes, yes, new agents are welcome...as long as they've read the memo ;)

...and, oh yes, you'll need to catch your own ride ;P

#19 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3287 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:09 AM

The agent in front entered the code and the group heard a satisfactory click. A moment later, the door swung open.

“Well, that was easy,” one of the new agents commented.

“Yes, too easy,” Wraith replied, stroking his stubbly chin with a thoughtful expression. “The Witch is toying with us. She wanted us to get in..."

Orin shrugged. “We have a mission to attend, we can worry about that when we come to it.” With that, he stormed ahead.

The agents entered into a long corridor, with walls of navy. As they moved down it, they noted a series of paintings on the walls. Underneath each painting was a bluish plaque, on which was engraved an enigmatic number.

Spoiler for 124

Spoiler for 227

Spoiler for 117

Spoiler for 113

Spoiler for 209

Spoiler for 184

At the end of a hallway was another door, of the same color. Orin shrugged and keyed in the same code as the door before. But this time, the lock remained recalcitrantly silent.

A voice came over their neuro-link. It was deep, strong, and composed. “Blue,” Father said, “to the Witch, is the color of cold clarity and pristine purity. She will not use things she sees as subjective, such as words or even letters here, but that does not mean you will not need to.”

“Here the real challenge begins,” the captain remarked, grinning. "I hope all your neuro-links are in correct working order..."

#20 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1072 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Just throwing some ideas around here.

Spoiler for somebody catch them

Edited by MikeD, 01 July 2012 - 08:13 PM.

hi again, everyone. Nice to be back home. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users