Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Chromatic Witch, Ep 1: The Gate of Blue Heaven

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#101 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

to make the star you need to start at (0,0,0)(because that is the last point in the sequence) and then connect points (0,0,1) and (1,0,0)

if we go two more points (1,1,1) (0,1,0) then look at it from all sides (or rotate it) we getback.JPG Backbottom.JPG Bottomfront.JPG FrontLeft.JPG Leftright.JPG Righttop.JPG Top

I believe the answer is (0,0,1), (1,0,0), (1,1,1), 0,1,0)

#102 Yoruichi-san

Yoruichi-san

"That Woman"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3183 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:20 PM

Well, this batch was certainly cleverer than the last. But they saw points, not the point. They did understand why a square was better than a rectangle and an equilateral triangle was better than isosceles. They did not see the infinite beauty that was around them.

She smiled to herself. Father had yet to engender a thing that could defeat her.

Women are definitely stronger. We are [Fe]males, after all...

Some of what makes me me is real, some of what makes me me is imaginary...I guess I'm just complex. ;P

<3 BBC's Sherlock, the series and the man. "Smart is the new sexy."

Chromatic Witch links now on my 'About Me' page!  Episode 2 is awaiting it's epic conclusion...are you up to the task?

When life hands me lemons, I make invisible ink.

#103 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:18 PM

well i tried everything else

it could be said a sphere has infinitely many faces/sides

so is the answer: there is no answer
because there is an infinite number of possibilities seeing as how we don't even know how many more installments we need

#104 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:10 AM

... see the beauty around them...

..see the infinite beauty that was around them...

I still think it has to do with the perfectly circular room with a metallic dome.

#105 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:59 AM

I think it has something to do with equality. Squares have exact same sides, equilaterals too. So I think, psyko's on the right track.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#106 psykomakia

psykomakia

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:20 AM

So I think, psyko's on the right track.

Except, I have NO clue what to do with any of the data so far.

#107 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:34 AM

the orignal post says

The room they entered now was very round, perhaps even perfectly round, with cornflower blue walls (or perhaps it was better to say ‘wall’). There were no paintings or displays, the wall was a pristine barren blue. The ceiling was a metallic looking dome, and In the center of the room was a round table a shade lighter than the walls on which levitated a large metallic sphere whose surface took on a bluish hue as it reflected the color of the room.

i think we may be in a sphere

also the word reflect has been used alot

and a circles or sphere is denfined by all points equal distances from a fixed center.

i wonder if something happens if we touch the sphere in the center

#108 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Spoiler for I think I have something

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#109 TripleOption

TripleOption

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

random fact

The most valuable color of Sapphire is a cornflower blue

#110 dauber

dauber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 10:18 PM

OK, let me throw my hat in the ring.

Here is what I would try: (1,0,0) (1,0,0) (1,0,0) (0,0,1) (0,0,1) (0,0,1) (0,0,1) (0,0,0) (0,0,0)

Why? Others picked up on the sphere indicating a 3-dimentional answer. I looked at the keys as a direction, instead of a point. When you add them all up, you get a point that is (5,8,4). So the additional keys will bring the point to (8,8,8) – a perfect cube. Additionally, I added two points at the end so that the total number of keys pressed is 25 (5x5), the witch gave us the first 16 (4x4).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users