BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Villager, Villager, Mafia

Yoruichi-san

VILLAGER, VILLAGER, MAFIA

The game:

Unlike regular forum mafia, instead of one of every role, there will be three of every role (with one exception). One out of the three of every role is mafia. The catch is that they don't know it.

There is one unique role, the Instigator, who starts the game as mafia and is aware of it. Every Night he will chose a player to approach and if the player is mafia, they will 'awaken' and gain BTSC with the Instigator. The Instigator's vote has 0 weight. If the Instigator dies, a living mafia member will be chosen at random to awaken and take over the instigating.

Villagers win if all the mafia are dead and mafia wins if all the villagers are dead (even if they don't realize it).

There are 4 roles: Spy, Save, Block, and Kill. Blocks, successful saves, and kills will be shown in the Night Post. Block on block will result in a canceling out of actions and will not be shown. Spies attain role information only, faction information is only revealed with the lynch (unless its the Instigator, of course).

Brief (make that very brief) Intro:

Y-san nodded encouragingly as the people of the small town gathered around Y-san in what passed for a town square, some sitting on the sacks of potatoes they had in lieu of benches.

"I'm just going to performing a little social experiment here," she said, giving them a beneficient smile. "No one will get hurt, I assure you...and at the end, there'll be some nice cake."

PI: Y-san

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18

3. MikeD

4. EDM :D

5. Flamebirde

6. mew

7. Panther

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel

10. Aaryan

11.TheCube B))

12.Yodell

13. MiKi

Roles have been sent, please confirm. Night 1 starts now and will end at 11:59 US Central Time on Saturday, 6/16. Thanks, and have fun! (I know I will ;P)

"The cake is a lie!!" ;):P

Aside from that, It has been a while since i've played mafia... does the night or the day come first? :blush: And if night, can we send in actions yet? :D

Hence the potatoes...;P

Night comes first, and yes, thank you for the reminder, please do send in your actions! I should have included that in the PM's, but it's been a while since I've hosted mafia, too... :blush:

• Upvote 1

I can image Y-san talking like GLaDOS for the intro, lol.

Who, me? *innocent wide-eyed look* I've never been an evil AI in my life...*whistling*

The cake was the truth, but the pi was a lie. Anyway, confirming. please don't kill me....

I like that! But I think it should kind of be the opposite...

The cake may or may not be true, but the pi is universally constant. ;P

(Okay, all this talk of cake is making me hungry...and wanting to make a Cake Mafia...Devil's food vs. Angel food, with Potato (Latke) indie...hmm...)

Almost all have confirmed. If you have not done so already, please send in your actions. Thx.

• Upvote 3

hey ,

is it me or the activity around here is pretty low ...

is the first night over or is it a scum weekend .. ?

re the cake/pi thing... if the cake was a pie ... then it cannot be a lie .. as our great story-teller/chief scientist was saying .. pi(e) is a universal constant... you cannot bake cookies without the usage of pi ;) ...

btw ... what happen with my tiramisu ? :D (it's usually a squared cake so it does not involve any circular reference ;) )

and who said anything about a pie ???? panther .. u fired up the whole cake is a lie thing... I'm holding u responsible

NIGHT 1

The good citizens of the village slept soundly, visions of hotdish and sheet cake prancing around in their heads. There was one, however, who did not sleep.

The Instigator crept past rows of uniformly designed and color-coordinated houses, sneering with disgust. These poor plebes, who would marry their high school sweethearts, live in a white picket house, buy SUV's, and have 2.5 kids...and never actually make anything of their lives. But toNight, one was about to get a chance to change all that. Maybe it would take, or maybe the Instigator's attempt would be denied...but it was time to try.

Duck...duck...duck...duck..., the Instigator counted,...duck...goose. Let's see if you lay a golden egg.

MikeD was considering going out for some beers or something (non-alcoholic if he was not of age), but when he tried his own front door, he discovered that it had been super-glued shut. No doubt a prank from some of the local youngsters. "Very funny," he grumbled. Looking like he wasn't going anywhere toNight.

Apparently some delinquents had also visited TheCube's residence, but these seemed to me more geekily inclined, as he discovered his doorknob had been replaced by a 5x5x5 Rubik's cube...doh. Looking like he wasn't going anywhere for a while either...

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18

3. MikeD

4. EDM :D

5. Flamebirde

6. mew

7. Panther

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel

10. Aaryan

11.TheCube B))

12.Yodell

13. MiKi

Day 1 starts now and ends at 11:59 AM (yes in the morning) on Monday, 6/18. I think that will be the cutoff for Day/Night from now on.

Mmm....pi...:D

Graak, sorry about not being here. CONFIRM. Whoo!

Okay.... did anyone else notice the capitalization of the N's in the post? Y-san, is that a glitch, on purpose, or something else?

Um... I got nothing at this point. re: the blocks, blocking yourself seems stupid. Y-san, are self-blocks allowed?

Nothing to go on unless someone spied the instigator, maybe 2 blocks blocked 2 blocks, assuming all blocks decided to act..., the problem is that most of us are without motive,

does it appear if the lynched was mafia ?

And does that appearance depend on whether the lynched knows he/she was mafia? i.e., if the lynched is mafia but isn't awake yet, would the appearance be as an innocent, while an awakened mafioso would appear as mafia?

So far I'm counting one vote on me, one on Miki, one on Panther .. .if I'm mistaken please correct me....

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18 - voting for Yodell

3. MikeD

4. EDM :D- voting for MIKI

5. Flamebirde

6. mew

7. Panther

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel

10. Aaryan - voting for Panther

11.TheCube B))

12.Yodell - voting for Panther

13. MiKi

Aaand, since I already stated that I think Panther seems to have been " instigating" the whole cake thing... then I'm adding my vote to Panther

Edit. Typo

Edited by Yodell

Roster:

1. Hirkala

2. Framm 18 - voting for Yodell

3. MikeD - voting for Mewminator

4. EDM :D- voting for MIKI

5. Flamebirde - voting for Panther

6. mew

7. Panther

8. Thalia

9. ShadowAngel

10. Aaryan - voting for Panther

11.TheCube B))

12.Yodell - voting for Panther

13. MiKi

Adding MikeD's vote and my own. anything to say Panther? my vote is purely for pressure. Why did you vote for Mew, MikeD?