how wet you get moving a fixed distance in the rain
depends on whether you walk or run.
Let's assume there is a speed that keeps you the driest,
but you don't have the stamina for it. My question is what
speed should you run to get only twice as wet as optimal?
Assumptions you can make:
- You are [a rather squarish] 6 feet tall, 2 feet wide and 6 inches thick.
- You always move in a standing position, i.e you never lean.
- Shelter is 1000 feet away, on level ground.
- The rain is falling at a speed of 10 feet per second.
- At any given place or time there are 1000 raindrops per cubic foot.