Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

A Brief Exchange of Letters

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

Spoiler for I had

It doesn't follow the criteria:

Hint: You don't have to anagram. You only add a letter to the beginning or end and remove a letter from the beginning or end.

Hint two: you are all going to hate me so much. I blame a bit of sleep deprivation on my part. I do not know if this is a fair puzzle but I expect that someone will figure it out eventually.

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#12 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4750 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

ah, but you can drop the first letter and add to the end or vice versa, as well.

#13 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

To get each answer, remove a letter from the one before, then add a letter. Doing this to the last answer can also get you the first answer.

Spoiler for I'm obviously missing something..

You must not think me necessarily foolish because I am facetious,  nor will I consider you necessarily wise because you are grave.  Sydney Smith.

#14 Potok

Potok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:07 PM

But you did anagram, you didnt only do that ... PEETA can only result in ?EET?, cant it ? With anything else you're removing non_first_or_last letter or anagraming

#15 WitchOfSecrets

WitchOfSecrets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:14 PM

It's been solved! Explaining the solution will result in my death by lynch mob, so I think I will run away now.

(Compare PEETA to PEPSI. What was lost? What was added?)

#16 fabpig

fabpig

Prominent Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2423 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Nah, don't run. Just me being exceptonally slow (even for me) especially after peedge had more-or-less spelled it out....... :duh:

#17 Potok

Potok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 12:07 AM

Damn that's pretty brilliant WoS :D

#18 plainglazed

plainglazed

Abuse of PoWers

• PipPipPipPip
  • 4750 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:34 PM

Damn that's pretty brilliant WoS :D

agree wholeheartedly. used to think the mark of excellence in riddling was that :duh: when all is understood and seemingly so simple after the answer is revealed. but the delayed headslap adds yet another level of excellence all together. very nice WoS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users