Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Snooker Loopy

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 Aziraphael

Aziraphael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 05:50 PM

42 is the correct answer, however, i know its not possible but what if player A mirraculously pots 15 reds in one shot and the cue ball also goes in therefor commiting a foul the ref should then give player A no points and player B 4 points. Player B then goes on to pot all remaining colours as the reds cannot be returned to the table after a foul, scores 27 giving a total aggregate score of 31!

i know this is practically impossible, but the question states 'no matter how unlikely it sounds'.

Spoiler for Ah, but....

#12 Nep Ton

Nep Ton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:05 PM

Nice try Azi but alas i can still get lower

#13 Baby Mac

Baby Mac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:14 PM

Spoiler for And the answer is...

#14 Nep Ton

Nep Ton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 07:35 PM

Spoiler for And the answer is...

if not done in one shot all previous pocketed shots would score. If all ball bar black potted in one shot then yellow green brown blue and pink would be re spotted

#15 Baby Mac

Baby Mac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:48 PM

if not done in one shot all previous pocketed shots would score. If all ball bar black potted in one shot then yellow green brown blue and pink would be re spotted

I went through 3 different rule websites - all state the same with regards to maximum foul points and re-spotting. Not one states that all colored balls would be respotted - only the missed object ball and only if it is other then red ... my premise still stands unless you can show me the rule that says all balls (non red) would be placed back on the table unpon fouling the black.

#16 Nep Ton

Nep Ton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:09 PM

I went through 3 different rule websites - all state the same with regards to maximum foul points and re-spotting. Not one states that all colored balls would be respotted - only the missed object ball and only if it is other then red ... my premise still stands unless you can show me the rule that says all balls (non red) would be placed back on the table unpon fouling the black.

1st.. how many shots did you take to pot all the balls up to black... If you cleared all 15 reds and the 1st 5 colours in one shot then that is a foul shot as you can not take a colour untill the shot after pocketing a red. In that case the fouled coloured balls that were pocketed will be re spotted

2nd .. if you pocketed the balls one at a time in a break before fouling the black all your scoring shots count except for the foul stroke shot.

3rd The 1st foul stroke made when only black remains on the table ends the game

#17 Wilson

Wilson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1028 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:29 PM

Spoiler for Hey Nep Tom. As you were a ref I'll guess that you could've called this.....

#18 Nep Ton

Nep Ton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

Spoiler for Hey Nep Tom. As you were a ref I'll guess that you could've called this.....

We have a winner.. Well done

#19 bettybop

bettybop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:17 AM

Player A and player B are playing a frame of snooker against each other, following proper snooker rules which are observed by the officiating referee.

Aggregate score is the points scored by player A added to the points scored by player B.

At the end of the frame of snooker what is the lowest possible aggregate score for the whole frame?

I want the answer and the reasoning behind it (no matter how unlikely it sounds, it is possible) :thumbsup:

never played, so' read & tried to understand the rules. 99% wrong but i had fun working my brain & not just taking a wild guess. #68 fouled red?

#20 bettybop

bettybop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:20 AM

We have a winner.. Well done

yes da! on me its right there in the rules i read.over .i over thought it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users