Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
41 replies to this topic

#31 axdr

axdr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:41 AM

I think this would also work..! jus move 1 stick and reverse the image (rotate it to 180 degree.)

now the cow is looking opposite direction to the direction it was looking before

ya but you only move one matchstick

#32 lulu1221

lulu1221

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 12:12 AM

lmao :D I was thinking way too hard on this one...this one is really good though. :)

#33 brainbox

brainbox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

cant u use 3 matches instead? because that way u can move 1 of the horns to the other side and the 2 matches that are the head

#34 brainwwings

brainwwings

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:02 AM

You only have to move 1 match.l Move around figure until you face it upside down or if possible (if matches are on paper or a board) flip figure 180 degrees, move match facing right on top left of body to the right of match on lower left of body. Voila!!

Should I sign this solution "mojobrain" or "cheatercheater"?

#35 Monkeyrasta

Monkeyrasta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:44 PM

You only have to move 1 match.l Move around figure until you face it upside down or if possible (if matches are on paper or a board) flip figure 180 degrees, move match facing right on top left of body to the right of match on lower left of body. Voila!!

Should I sign this solution "mojobrain" or "cheatercheater"?

Yeah that's what I did; look at it from upside-down and put match from what were legs to what was the tail and it's looking right :)

Although I do like the way the given solution is simple and make you think about what is possible. It's like by putting the matches inside the box you are thinking outside the box :P

Edited by Monkeyrasta, 03 April 2008 - 12:49 PM.

#36 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

I read through all the posts for this and I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned this. In the solution: The cow is still looking left! If it were looking right we would not be able to see its head because it would be on the other side of its body. So, I propose that the only correct answer would be to remove the 2 matchsticks for its head and infer that it is looking right and not decapitated.

EDIT: OK, I see the semantics game here, but still, in the solution the cow is looking left to see the right side of my monitor, or whatever it's looking at. This justification is too cumbersome, in my opinion.

Edited by itachi-san, 10 April 2008 - 12:03 AM.

#37 auri95

auri95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:23 PM

:P you just have to turn the 2 sticks that make up the head around. It is actually kind of stupid.

#38 Jehu

Jehu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 04:36 PM

If you could reverse image, then why moving any matches ... Unfortunately, reversing is not allowed.

Just move the one match and then sit at the other side of the table!

#39 ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

Lol that is pretty simple. It has nothing to do with what side of the body the cows head is on. Think of where the eyes are looking. If the head is turned to the left he is still looking right and if the head is turned to the right he is still looking right.

#40 margo

margo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 01:05 AM

this is the first problem i ever got on this site on my own! woo!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users