Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Murder in the kitchen

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 Nep Ton

Nep Ton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

Spoiler for Murder In The Kitchen

This would be logical if my memory is correct about school meals

#12 bhramarraj

bhramarraj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:10 AM

1. This is my 100th post - I am now an "Advanced Member". Yay!

2. I worry about this puzzle ever being completely resolved because the OP author is a two-timer (it's a joke - written a total of two posts to date).

3. Important question ... Is the word "murder" to be taken seriously? Murder is defined as the taking of a HUMAN life by another HUMAN.

Spoiler for Possible solution

What exactly is meant by the phrase "yet the detective was a child who went to school"?
  • The detective was a school-age child
  • The detective was a child AND had already made the trip to his/her school before he/she found the suspect
  • The detective was a child, the detective found the suspect as noted in the previous statement, and THEN went to school

Wellsaid ..! But a mature person is also called a 'child' by his parent or by a Father in the Church. the person may be going to school to teach the students there..!
Although these types of puzzles may remain unsolved but I think they also test our imagination power. Also sometimes ...give lighter moments..! :wub:

#13 natalierodgers

natalierodgers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

all of us were children once and all of us (mostly) went to school, so obviously  a detective once went to school and was a child.(note* not IS a child who GOES to school. its WAS a child who WENT to school)

#14 subhajit banerjee(physics)

subhajit banerjee(physics)

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

I think mice murdered by cat.

#15 Nep Ton

Nep Ton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts