Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 HorvathsGirl

HorvathsGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:51 AM

They both did it, but James was so shocked from killing his girlfriend that he got amnesia and forgot the whole thing. He even forgot he had a girlfriend, which is why it took him so long to figure out that he one and that she was missing. The friend was happy when James got amnesia (now no one could rat him out), but when James partially recovered and called his friend, the friend began to panic. So when they got to the house James went in first and the friend suspiciously 'just waited' by the door. He was really moving the body to a safer location, when he got uninterrupted by James returning. He promptly dropped the body and returned to his waiting spot to not arouse suspicion, and James tripped over the moved body still not having remembered the killing. Also, James had a cold and couldn't smell the decayed body, but his friend knew what to expect so he wasn't surprised by the smell. Case solved :)

Seriously?

#12 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

yes, very serious

#13 HorvathsGirl

HorvathsGirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

Why was the girlfriend killed to begin with?

#14 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:27 AM

Why was the girlfriend killed to begin with?

She had an annoying laugh ;)

#15 ash013

ash013

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:45 PM

It had been weeks since James had heard from his girlfriend. So he called his buddy and told him that he was worried. They agreed to meet up at James' girlfriend’s house.
They met at the house and went to the door, James let himself in and tried a light switch, no light. He tried all the switches that he could find, finally finding a working light switch down the hall.
On his way back to the door where his friend was waiting he tripped and fell to the floor, his friend came running up to help him and realized that he had just tripped over the body of James' girlfriend.
The police were called and made an arrest the same day.
Who did they arrest and why?

Spoiler for Hint,

May be neither of them did it.We can't say that James is the killer just because hi didn't tripped on his way in.Also there are not enought evidences to say that Jame's friend is the killer.The police made arrest the very same day,that doesn't mean James or his friend ware arrested.The police could find something that belongs to the neighbour and arrest him for the murder or evidence that someone known to the police didi it.

#16 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

No . I think James is and must be the murderer.Because it is stated that he let himself in.Then automatically he has to have copy of the house key.This gives him a better oppurtunity.And moreover as Horvathsgirl has mentioned he had not visited her for many days.This makes him look doubly suspicious.As to the body being moved by his friend , his friend would not risk moving the body as James would have a better knowledge of the layout of house(the light switches) than his friend. And how can the friend go to the body and move it in the darkness and come back to the entrance . :)

Edited by grey cells, 23 March 2008 - 06:08 PM.

#17 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:15 PM

It`s not necessarily true to say James was more familiar with the household than his friend. As I suspect that his friend did the dastardly deed, it therefore follows that his friend [ whom for reasons of privacy of the individual , shall be referred to as `X´. 666 Clarington Close . Burnley . Lanconshire England. Tel:+44 1234 56789] has already visited the said premises on a previous occasion /or occasions. Perhaps his visit(s) were of a clandestine nature, he may have hankered to see the cookies on her monitor, and as he tried to sign in she protested, causing strange flashing lights and weird music in his head, then picking up a broken bottle - left behind by the milkmans recent visit - he lunged savagely...........................I put this all down to my mother, if only.. well what`s the use., I cannot conceal my guilt any longer, yes it was me!
Spoiler for HorvathsGirl

#18 Noct

Noct

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

No . I think James is and must be the murderer.Because it is stated that he let himself in.Then automatically he has to have copy of the house key.This gives him a better oppurtunity.And moreover as Horvathsgirl has mentioned he had not visited her for many days.This makes him look doubly suspicious.As to the body being moved by his friend , his friend would not risk moving the body as James would have a better knowledge of the layout of house(the light switches) than his friend. And how can the friend go to the body and move it in the darkness and come back to the entrance . :)

He could have not seen her for a while because they had a fight. Sometimes couples have fights and don't talk to each other for a while, because neither of them wants to be the "weak" one and admit they were wrong to try to fix things first. I've seen this go on for a while, so it's possible that they had a fight. Also he brought a mutual friend with him because of the fight, he didn't want to be alone with her, but this way he had an excuse for visiting, saying that they were just stopping by, and not that he alone came over to apologize.

Also in my earlier posts I mentioned how tripping over the body is in no way evidence one way or another. They must have found the neighbor's semen under the stove (they find it on every crime scene) and arrested the neighbor.

Edited by Noct, 23 March 2008 - 08:19 PM.

#19 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:21 PM

He could have not seen her for a while because they had a fight. Sometimes couples have fights and don't talk to each other for a while, because neither of them wants to be the "weak" one and admit they were wrong to try to fix things first. I've seen this go on for a while, so it's possible that they had a fight. Also he brought a mutual friend with him because of the fight, he didn't want to be alone with her, but this way he had an excuse for visiting, saying that they were just stopping by, and not that he alone came over to apologize.

Also in my earlier posts I mentioned how tripping over the body is in no way evidence one way or another. They must have found the neighbor's semen under the stove (they find it on every crime scene) and arrested the neighbor.

Did we have the same mother!

#20 jword

jword

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:31 PM

Consider again the evidence:

Spoiler for Fact
Spoiler for Fact 2

Edited by jword, 23 March 2008 - 11:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users