Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 dawh

dawh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1300 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

Yeah, Memento is good. Itachi, Agree on the tense dialogue flicks. Love 12 angry men, and what a stellar cast. I'm surprised nobody mentioned any Hitchcock . . . Rear Window rocks!

I mentioned "North by Northwest." :P "Rear Window" is good too.

Another movie that's very well crafted, if rather violent and gritty, is "L.A. Confidential." All the scenes work together to direct the characters to the climax.

#12 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:38 AM

I agree with pretty much everything been said so far, especially itachi's recommendations, though I'd like to add...

A SCANNER DARKLY (some of the most intelligent/witty dialogue i've ever seen... and VERY cool animation style... and a killer story based on an awesome book by Philip K Dick)

SPIRITED AWAY (complex and interesting)

MOON (very psychological...smart and all twisty-like)

THE DEPARTED (my favorite crime drama...so good...)

#13 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:21 AM

I agree with pretty much everything been said so far, especially itachi's recommendations, though I'd like to add...

A SCANNER DARKLY (some of the most intelligent/witty dialogue i've ever seen... and VERY cool animation style... and a killer story based on an awesome book by Philip K Dick)

SPIRITED AWAY (complex and interesting)

MOON (very psychological...smart and all twisty-like)

THE DEPARTED (my favorite crime drama...so good...)

I love all 4 of those =) in the vein of 'a scanner darkly', 'waking life' has a similar animation style and actually preceded it. it's very psychological and quite interesting as well. also, a very under known scorsese film is 'kundun' about the dalai lama. it's really excellent

#14 Quag

Quag

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1707 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

if ya want a supremely smart crime flick than watch
Millers Crossing, ya spend 3/4 the film wondering why everyone wants Gabriel Byrnes character on their side then ya realize WOW!

for a totally different kind of war movie watch a midnight clear, excelent film and most people have never heard of it. real shame

Edited by Quag, 20 January 2012 - 01:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users