BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Death is everywhere…

MissKitten

Question

Well, no, not really. But it does seem to be a central theme in the next few riddles I'm going to post. I apologize if these have been posted before, but they aren't very recent, so I figure I'm relatively safe. In each of the following puzzles, you must answer the question. To do this, you may ask ONLY yes or no questions, which I will then answer by saying yes, no, or irrelevant. The three riddles are not related to each other in any way, shape, or form. Go!

1) A woman walks into a bar and asks for a glass of water. Instead, the bartender whips out a gun and pretends like he's going to shoot her, stopping just short of pulling the trigger. The woman thanks him and walks out. Why?

2) A man is sitting in a New York City coffee shop, reading the paper. There is an article about a married couple who were on vacation in the Swiss Alps. While they were skiing, the woman fell, tumbled down the slope, and died. The local police labeled it an accident. However, the man in the coffee shop immediately got up and told the police that it was murder. How did he know?

3) A widow is killed on the floor of her garage. However, the police cannot find the body. The only clue they have is what looks like a bullet hole in the floor of the garage. The widow's husband is found dead in the wall. The police believe this crime may have been a result of racial prejudice. What happened?

14 answers to this question

This is just a guess, so I am most probably worng. But here goes...

He killed the woman. I don't know if he was in New York or if he was in a New York coffee shop in the Swiss Alps or not

3) A widow is killed on the floor of her garage. However, the police cannot find the body. The only clue they have is what looks like a bullet hole in the floor of the garage. The widow's husband is found dead in the wall. The police believe this crime may have been a result of racial prejudice. What happened?

First, was the hole actually made by a bullet?

Second, do you mean that the husband was literally entombed in the wall?

Third, were both the widow and her husband human beings?

The widow is a spider.

I thought this too

where I live there are a ton of these types of spiders. but I couldn't take it a step further to get the police involved. thinking more about it I guess someone could have shot the spider, obliterating the body. the police could have came since there were reports of gunshots

Grr. When I was looking at these, it took me all of math class to solve the second one, and I got the answer to the other two before I left. Grr you all for getting it so fast. :dry:

:P Lawlz, jk. I knew these would be solved quickly. They're pretty easy compared to some other stuff at the Den. Here are the full answers.

1) The woman had the hiccups. By pulling out a gun, the bartender scared the hiccups away.

2) The man was a travel agent. When the husband came to buy tickets, he only bought one ticket for the return trip. When asked why, he evaded the subject by saying things like, "My wife is going to stay there." However, once the travel agent heard about the wife's death, he knew that the man had only bought one ticket back, because he knew only he was going to return, because he knew she was going to die.

3) The widow was a black widow, a spider. It was shot on the floor of a garage. The gunshot blew apart the spider, and so the body couldn't be found. Female black widows eat their husbands, hence the reference to the husband in the wall. And the racial hate was referring to the "black" of the black widow. The police were indeed called because they heard gunshots.