BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

What's your favorite intellectual activity?

TrollMan

mafia. Because it makes me think, and I can talk to my friends, and it realy makes you use your brain to find the hidden meanings and decipher th hints left by your fellow players, and figure out who is claiming who, and who's lying because they're the baddie.

If there are any typos, sorry, it's late and I don't want to spell check.

programming puzzles. i just can't get enough of solving these things. another would be playing go. mostly because I'm decent at it and love playing.

Edited by phillip1882

@ur I agree with you there. I would have to say writing is probably my second favorite, after mafia. Although, I mainly write fanfiction, I'm crap at writing actual stuff, and even my fanfiction isn't all that good..... :unsure: But yeah, writing is pretty stimulating, and I it's pretty cathartic as well.

programming puzzles. i just can't get enough of solving these things. another would be playing go. mostly because I'm decent at it and love playing.

I second Go. I almost gave up playing chess for Go. I balance between the two now, mostly because I can never find anyone to play. I'm stuck playing against the app. =(

Il like Sudokus and kakuros basic logic problems and reading lots of reading i read almost anything that tickles my fancy at the time, and i have increadibly eclectic taste in reading material so ive read most types of books you could imagine from harlequin romances to pure mathematic texts, from history to science fiction, from philosophy to manga from fantasy to biographies i could go on but i think you get my drift.

Reading anything that fundamentally deepens my understanding of the universe, even if I'm just reading the nutrition facts on the back of my cereal box.

I just finished Hyperspace and picked up Parallel Worlds last night. I <3 Michio Kaku.

Il like Sudokus and kakuros basic logic problems

I've been doing cross sums lately. I can't put them down. =P

EDIT: Tried to close a url tag with a /spoiler... =/

Edited by Molly Mae

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ohh, I missed this thread. I will start with crossword puzzles. I enjoy passing the time if bored and It is exciting to see how well you can grasp a hint/clue and come up with a correct word that you were able to fit. Self satisfaction is always there upon completion with no mistakes. I prefer not being timed but I can be a quick one at times.

Scrabble is different, just being able to use my above average vocabulary to score higher than my opponents(s) is a basis for a good time. Again I prefer to have a long time limit or none at all b/c enjoyment for me is not being stressed or in a hurry.

Logic games on Google Chrome are fun as well, I won't list everyone but "Cut the Rope" is a great example. I am happy to solve a level on the first try and not get disgusted trying several times starting over. You can really find many different kinds of these if you look around enough throughout the web.

Last but not least and I've seen this here already, MAFIA games. They are not all logic but many wish they were. I like to play using team work and kill off the opposition team(s). My past history of involvement speaks for itself as I became famous for being unpredictable and one who seems to have a 6th sense at times for weeding out baddies mainly. We always welcome noobs and others to give it a try and see how much they like it and we are elated to meet and become acquainted with them.

I have other things I can put down but, I will wait until I get a bunch so as not to post too much here. Please try the above and have fun. :)

there is a free game called Unblock me on the ipad and it's really fun. the higher levels are challenging.

Just downloaded it. :)

[plays]

For those that don't have an iPad, the same game is available in a lovely little thing called rush hour. I'd definitely recommend it