Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum
|Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.
Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.
If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.
Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Christmas Carols in Code
Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:31 AM
A few things:
1. The answers are all found the same way.
2. 1,3,and 5, have the spaces marked. 2, 4, and 6 do not.
3. "Key" may not be the right term. You do not absolutely need the key to figure out the titles but it might make things a little easier.
1. oharna caob obarhmgbe hsinbmg kfsink Key: 58, 11, 474, 110, 59
2. plipalbhmgmgmnbchfcaocscmg Key: 57585594
3. vb vfko mnpsc h albararmn lioarfkcaalhk Key: 3, 15, 22, 1, 362, 5867
4. carpkcamncaobksipvalhsi Key: 7253878
5. beblina caob ohmgmgk Key: 90, 11, 117
6. popmgmnsifnoca Key: 15710
Posted 22 December 2011 - 03:53 AM Best Answer
Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:06 AM
Hi Emily. Welcome to the Den! That didn't take long. As I said, the "key" wasn't completely necessary. I assume you know how I made this and didn't just crack this with the brute force method.
I have no idea how the key works, but...Spoiler for Song Titles...
Can you give the explanation? Can you see what the significance of the numbers are now?
Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:58 AM
Thanks for the welcome!
Edited by Emily McPeek, 22 December 2011 - 05:00 AM.
Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:38 AM
Haha, I'm really bad at this. Maybe I'll just stick to Sunday paper cryptoquips...
Posted 22 December 2011 - 05:52 AM
Slowly but surely :-)
Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:11 AM
Edited by Thalia, 22 December 2011 - 06:12 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users