Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Occupy Flash

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 unreality

unreality

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 6370 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 05:20 AM

itachi! Long time no see, what's up man :ph34r: Haven't been on brainden in forever it seems but this topic opened a potentially interesting can of worms so we'll see. Also, haven't forgotten the untitled PHOENIX project ;D I did get that writers guild thing in the mail last year.

& From what you're saying it sounds like you're gonna be voting for Ron paul 2012

#12 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

hmm. I don't know about that. Think about the various taxes put on the sale and production of the product as well as regulations put on the company to do all sorts of things from quality control to inclusion of the nutrition facts.

I don't think about those things. I don't care about those things. I just eat my cereal.

Most things might be in some way affected by politics, but that doesn't make them politics.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#13 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

If you don't like politics, you might as well kill yourself.( no offense intended.) Of course, that might not even help as what ever your religion ( excepting atheism, but that's not really a religion.) there is an afterlife or you get reborn. if it's afterlife, then some almighty deity or deities are ruling it which is dictatorship. if you are reborn, then you still live in a politic riddled world. the world as we know it was built with politics. Face it, you don't hate politics, you hate the people that made it so mind-numbingly stupid/boring and those who complicated everything to the point that if you vote for a law/ measure, you actually vote against it.

But I digress. This post was not or ever was intended for belittling or otherwise hurting/insulting any entity, person, or religion.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#14 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

If you don't like politics, you might as well kill yourself.( no offense intended.) Of course, that might not even help as what ever your religion ( excepting atheism, but that's not really a religion.) there is an afterlife or you get reborn. if it's afterlife, then some almighty deity or deities are ruling it which is dictatorship. if you are reborn, then you still live in a politic riddled world. the world as we know it was built with politics. Face it, you don't hate politics, you hate the people that made it so mind-numbingly stupid/boring and those who complicated everything to the point that if you vote for a law/ measure, you actually vote against it.

But I digress. This post was not or ever was intended for belittling or otherwise hurting/insulting any entity, person, or religion.

And I disagree. If a thing is defined as "political" it's only because the ignorant masses have put that label on it.

But I also think we're using different definitions of the word politics, so I'll define my meaning here:

The activities associated with the governance of a country or other area, esp. the debate or conflict among individuals or parties having or hoping to achieve power
The activities of governments concerning the political relations between countries
The academic study thereof

And again, I hate politics. The people make the system and the system makes the people. I hate them all and have as little to do with the whole mess as possible.

If you support politics, you might as well kill yourself (offense meant) because you're either broken and you'll make the system worse or the system will break you and make you worse.

No come-backsies.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#15 flamebirde

flamebirde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

All I want to say is that politics is as essential (Did I spell that right?) to human development as... say Flash is for Youtube.

Again, see above disclaimer.

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#16 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

All I want to say is that politics is as essential (Did I spell that right?) to human development as... say Flash is for Youtube.

Again, see above disclaimer.

Just because the latter is presently essential doesn't mean that it can't be rebuilt on a better model that would make Flash (politics) obsolete.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#17 itachi-san

itachi-san

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3620 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:36 AM

itachi! Long time no see, what's up man :ph34r: Haven't been on brainden in forever it seems but this topic opened a potentially interesting can of worms so we'll see. Also, haven't forgotten the untitled PHOENIX project ;D I did get that writers guild thing in the mail last year.

& From what you're saying it sounds like you're gonna be voting for Ron paul 2012

hey what's up! project phoenix ftw! def. gonna get back on that ride when the time is right =) and it will be in a year or two ;)

I do support Ron Paul to an extent but he takes things a bit too far imo. he's still the closest to my philosophy out there. everyone else seems corrupt or just plain stupid...

#18 flamebirde

flamebirde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

Just because the latter is presently essential doesn't mean that it can't be rebuilt on a better model that would make Flash (politics) obsolete.

Eh, fair enough.though I do want to point out that for the majority of the human races' history, this is the better alternative.

#19 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Eh, fair enough.though I do want to point out that for the majority of the human races' history, this is the better alternative.

I don't know that you can say that with any kind of scientific accuracy.

You can't compare the results of choosing one over the other. You also can't determine the future worth of one choice over the other. So you're always looking for what works right now instead of what might work in the (relatively) far future. You can use these same arguments on me, however, and then we eventually break down to "Does it even really matter?"

It's an opinion.

But, for the record, I am the 1%.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#20 flamebirde

flamebirde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1363 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:36 AM

what would you consider as a government? like if we were ruled by a dictator, would said dictator be government?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users