Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TMM IX: Call of the Brawl

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#321 mewminator

mewminator

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:02 PM

Mew, I liked what I assumed were your subtle hints at being pikachu.

how did I hint exactly?

#322 smoth333

smoth333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Well, I tired to play a lot more vocally than I have in past games - at least early on - laying out theories/strategies/etc...In other games I have tended to sit back and observe, trying to piece things together completely before speaking up.

In retrospect it could work both for and against the goodies - it probably helped make it easier for mboon to hide in the group. And even though I wound up focusing hard on the two highest likelyhood baddies I pretty much stopped getting any new information about the third one at that point.

#323 mboon

mboon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

Last night I targeted Mew, since I wanted to be sure that I was going to nk someone. It was actually a toss up between Curr and Mew, I knew Mew was Pikachu, so I decided to get rid of her since she would have definitely been able to change votes during the day. And yes, I am a girl :)

#324 TheChad

TheChad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:04 AM

I did really miss the first two nights and first day of this game. That's why things fell apart at the start. If I wasn't MIA, flame wouldn't have been outed so quickly and we probably could've won.

After the start I decided to 'play dumb' the entire game in hopes that people would think I'm too stupid to be a baddie.
It was working pretty well until I got blocked.

#325 flamebirde

flamebirde

the guy who lurks in the corners, posting useless stuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:37 AM

I probably screwed up the whole game for the baddies... :( :duh:

Mafiosos and mafiosas of the world, unite! And then kill each other in a particularly tricky move that everyone suspects but never anticipates.

stand back. I'm going to apply logic.

Come join the battle against the Chromatic Witch! http://brainden.com/...nly-eat-orange/

The Coup of Rhotus still needs players!End the 2 year sign up phase! http://brainden.com/...-mafia-signups/

#326 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 17 November 2011 - 03:58 AM

Don't worry, you learned from this game and will hopefully do better next game. Word of advice, though: unless baddies could easily win the next day or night, don't ever flash vote. It'll make suspicions against you skyrocket, as well as those for the person you are no longer waiting for. ;)

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#327 TheChad

TheChad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:30 AM

what is flash vote?

#328 smoth333

smoth333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:05 PM

A flash vote is when one or more people change their vote right at the last minute, not giving anyone else time to react. It can be used by baddies to lynch a goodie if they all move to the same person at once.

As MiKi said it is probably (I am still a relative newb and haven't really seen it done) be used to "win" the game for the baddies when the numbers are really close - say 3 v 5 or 3 v 4 and the baddies get someone lynched, then get a night kill.

The problem is it is a very suspicious thing to do, so doing it to early can draw a lot of attention and backfire. I'm sure there way be a way to convincingly pull it off, but like I said I have not seen a whole lot of crazy stuff yet.

#329 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:28 PM

Like, a successful flahs vote would be as follows:
A) You get on really early, like right after the night ends. You post suspicions, thoughts, etc. Then you post a vote.
B) You stay off for a while. Like, until an hour or so before the day ends or something.
C) You get on about an hour or two before the day ends and change your vote, saying you find them more suspiscious or whatever. Usually, unless it's someone like me, who's always on, most people don't get on too much right before the day ends.
D) You will probably successfully lynch the goodie.

Granted, that's not quite a flash vote, but it's close enough.

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#330 Shadow7

Shadow7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Like, a successful flash vote would be as follows:
A) You get on really early, like right after the night ends. You post suspicions, thoughts, etc. Then you post a vote.
B) You stay off for a while. Like, until an hour or so before the day ends or something.
C) You get on about an hour or two before the day ends and change your vote, saying you find them more suspiscious or whatever. Usually, unless it's someone like me, who's always on, most people don't get on too much right before the day ends.
D) You will probably successfully lynch the goodie.

Granted, that's not quite a flash vote, but it's close enough.

And that's sufficiently early that you will probably manage the killing-the-goodie aspect of the flash vote and avoid the suspicion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users