Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

6x4 Rectangle

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#41 Pieter :-?

Pieter :-?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2009 - 12:10 PM

cant you cut it from the point corner to the other point corner in a straight line, then slide the bottom left up, joining it at the top of the other half therefore giving you a skew 4 by 6

Edited by Pieter :-?, 01 October 2009 - 12:15 PM.

#42 leojuncal

leojuncal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

I'm sorry, perhaps geometry isn't my thing, but I'm not seeing how this slice makes the desired rectangle, could someone post the compleated 4x6 grid as made bythis slice?

You have to count the half squares and sum them with the complete sqares in the same line to make it sence.

#43 Muslim

Muslim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 11:18 PM

I can say there is a lot of solutions to this one, but wouldn't it be the easiet to show the solution like this one:
MySolution.jpg

#44 jeffery12109

jeffery12109

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 11:44 PM

I can say there is a lot of solutions to this one, but wouldn't it be the easiet to show the solution like this one:
MySolution.jpg

that wouldn't work

#45 ThisIsALie

ThisIsALie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:20 PM

Hockeyislife19, I don't see how your slices would make a rectangle. It could make a bowtie but not a rectangle D:

So... Yea.

#46 tituspercy

tituspercy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

The 2nd solution by josiah47 doesn't work. You can't make the green portion without cutting the piece into 3.

It works fine, if you fold the smaller piece along the bias, as shown. Which is how I solved it.

post-59-1176311275b.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users