BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Klueless Mafia II

The puzzle benefits those who have solved their puzzle already (or have by end of D1)...they are the only ones eligible. So you are acting as if you have completed yours.

The fact that we have no information is a reason to want a longer day, not a shorter one. Aren't you interested in getting info?

This is exactly right - goodies should want a longer day, greater chance all the goodies can solve their puzzle, greater chance a goodie is the one to solve the D1 bonus puzzle and get the super-secret-awesome-sauce ability that KM has cooked up for us.

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People should try actually reading my posts. I said that the whole point of the special puzzle was to be something cool for people who had completed theirs quickly. But the first Night lasted twice as long, and now Day is going to be three days. That's not so quick. I'm just saying it ruins the whole point of having it if we make the first turn last nearly a week.

As much as I'd like a secret ability, I don't want the special puzzle. I can't even figure out my own, thank you very much. I keep thinking I've figured out the password, but I'm always wrong.>_<

What about all of you? I mean, it's unlikely you've solved your puzzles either.

Now I'm even more suspicious of you, because you are lying.

I said why the Doctor was probably inactive. We know that a hint was given for the puzzle the doctor and two others have. The Godfather acted, so out of the two left, one of them has to be inactive. The Night Post says only the Godfather acted, and if the Docter were active, wouldn't he have tried to save someone?

I also said why I voted for maurice. I didn't really have much of a reason-we have no information. I wasn't about to keep my vote on myself, so I chose the player known for targeting me and twisting my words, even when I'm a proven good guy. It's seems to be in the best interest of the goodies and me, whether or not I end up being part of them.

I've also pointed out that I've ALWAYS wanted phases to end as quickly as possible, in every game I've played. I have also given numerous reasons why, such as the puzzle mentioned, and the fact we've got no information at all.

Flawed logic is suspicious. 1, just because Klue gave a hint does not mean that a particular puzzle has not been solved by all roles. In fact, I would think that since the hints are public, that he would NOT consider such since it would tell us that certain roles have/have not solved yet. Moreover, you once again single out the doctor, why? Doctors typically do not appear in night posts, period, unless they actually save one who was about to die. And I specifically asked that question of Klue, and you go right ahead and presume an answer and try to get us thinking along a certain line before Klue even has a chance to answer. I have to wonder why. Again, we do not KNOW the doctor is active, inactive, dead, alive, whatever. We sure as heck should not PRESUME such. How does it help goodies to think we know more than we really do?

And yes, you always want quick periods. In this case though, that makes you look suspicious, since it goes against your stated self interest (it hurts one who has unsolved puzzle) even if you do in fact love short periods, still (apparently) hurting yourself, still looks suspicious in this mafia.

Re mo, that is not a great reason. And no offense, but mo is a great, nope, an awesome player. You are still learning. So if most of us had to choose which of you to keep around? It's not going to be you. Sorry. You might want to rethink that "me or him" thing. It would only work if we thought you were both bad. Then he'd be first to go. Otherwise he's staying. So you have to learn to get along with him. Or at least ignore him. And if you are worried about him twisting your words, he does that to everybody by the way, voting for him...big mistake. I mean huge mistake. Catastrophic blunder. Suicidal even. Honestly. Don't do that. lol.

There is nothing flawed about my logic. The host himself states that he HAS to give the hints, indicating the puzzles in question have not been solved by everyone who got them. This is further backed up by the fact that no one but the Godfather seems to have acted.

I'm not "singling out" the Doctor, and I don't see how that would make me suspicious even if it were the case. Only three people had that puzzle, one of which has acted. The Seer could also be in active, but I don't imagine Learners would appear in the Night Post, since they don't actually have to act. Thus, the Doctor seems the most likely to be inactive. I don't see why my guessing at the answer is a problem.

It does not matter how much time I have-I can't figure the puzzle out. My best bet is to wait until the next hint is given. Until then, there's nothing to do. I can only try my best to act in the interest of the team I may be on.

You don't know anything about me. I'm a good player myself, I just never get a chance to play. People are not used to my playing style, so they immediately assume natural things-such as wanting to end phases early or wanting someone to be lynched-mean I must be a bad guy. I never said anything about "me or him". I'm not about to keep my vote on myself, so I had to choose another person to target. With no information to go on, I decided to target a player I knew would do his best to target me and who had gone against his own win condition for kicks in the past. Even if we both turn out to be goodies, then at least I've gotten rid of a wild card goodie.

I will vote for who I will vote for. It doesn't matter if you like him or think he's good. I think he is trouble, and for all you know, he could be. Someone out there is the Godfather, and it can't be me.

What did the host say earlier? You can paraphrase it, or at least point to a page number. All I really remember is him saying something about a mod kill. :P

As for the puzzle hints, quit guessing and start asking.

Klue, would you give a hint for a puzzle which had already been solved by all involved?

Also, in your prior list of roles who share puzzles, the doctor was listed twice, can you clarify? You said

Godfather, Doctor, and Seer share the same puzzle

Muscles, Sheriff, and Mayor share the same puzzle

Rat, doctor, and Cowboy share the same puzzle

voting for him...big mistake. I mean huge mistake. Catastrophic blunder. Suicidal even. Honestly. Don't do that. lol.

Now you are making me want to vote for maurice...

edit ---

I'm like a moth and voting for maurice is the flame. Pretty colors!

Edited by curr3nt

Thalia, you are still voting for yourself. I know. The night post was rather. . . uninformative. I don't really have any idea who to vote for and as long as it doesn't get me killed, I'm fine with leaving the self vote on myself for now. I might change it to tie the vote though if that prevents a D1 lynch and the vote manip (if puzzle was solved) cooperates. And if you would like to trade puzzles I will trade in a heartbeat if Klue allows it. I wish. At least my password probably isn't 29 letters long this time. Probably. . . :)

I am pursuing an avenue now that will be totally awesome if it works, but I am pretty sure it will not. Good luck! Assuming you don't turn out to be a baddie. . . :P

Does it really have to be one or the other? :P

:D

KlueMongers

• Molly Mae - deaded
  • Shadow - voting for self
  • maurice - voting for nox
  • smoth333 - voting for Aura
  • Sakura-chan - voting for Maurice
  • curr3nt - voting for Shadow
  • Nana7 - voting for Sakura-chan
  • Auramyna - voting for self
  • Thalia - voting for self
  • EDM - voting for self
  • Darth nox - voting for self

I *think* this is the most current roster....

Mostly random, splitting the pressure (further....).

@curr, I haven't solved my puzzle, so I have no valid defense.

@Thal, Nana, can I join in the puzzle trading (again, if allowed)?

KlueMongers

• Molly Mae - deaded
  • Shadow - voting for EDM
  • maurice - voting for nox
  • smoth333 - voting for Aura
  • Sakura-chan - voting for Maurice
  • curr3nt - voting for Shadow
  • Nana7 - voting for Sakura-chan
  • Auramyna - voting for self
  • Thalia - voting for self
  • EDM - voting for self
  • Darth nox - voting for self