BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Klueless Mafia II

His asking if curr was a hunch told me that he thought I had a spy role, which of course was correct. That's how I knew he knew who I was, and why I added the caveat "if I'm reading him right".

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that this game is over, I hope people will go and sign up for Desktop Mafia.@_@

I didn't really enjoy this game too much, unfortunately. My puzzle was unbelievably hard, to the point where I considered it unsolvable without knowledge of movies and actors that I simply did not have. How many people atually solved their puzzles and when? Also, my role was the Seer, which allowed me to see the Night Post uninfluenced by the bad guys actions. I never got to use this while alive, and the Night Post seemed to be entirely empty or no one but the Godfather ever acted. Then there was stuff like the Spy hovering over Molly, despite not actually investigating her, the and the hints for puzzles that might have been solved. For me, it felt like we never had anything to go on.

Klue said only hints for unsolved puzzles were given. We had enough info for some of us to pretty much figure out all the roles. The puzzles were tough, that is true.

And only Nox/EDM failed to solve their puzzles, since they were inactive.

Edited by Nana7

@Sak, but you solved it right? So challenging. I think they were all hard but overly easy as the hints came in. I mean, look @ our puzzle. Shad solved it based on prior knowledge/recognition...I had an idea it was a date but how do you look up symbols on google/wiki. And tin eye helped not. Now, once you know it's Mayan and see the symbols on wiki, much easier (though I did avoid the password due to title, Day, and hint 1, Doom :lol: )

Anyway, we need to find a way to clear up the queue and get activity rolling again...though it seems BD is slow lately itself.

I think Coup would fill better on the other site, it is large and complex. Newbie mafia is having trouble finding newbies. And Klueless mafia should prove why back ups are needed even under the best of circumstances, reinforcing why 3 (or more) of us are not interested in playing Desktop without backups.

Klue said that he gave hints for all puzzles. Remember, because we had assumed the opposite, someone asked, and he correted us. And no, I never really solved my puzzle.

There is no good reason not to sign up for my game, especially since I made it because people here wanted something a little smaller. I've got nowhere else to run a Mafia game.@_@

I solved my puzzle before N1 without help from any tool. It took me about an hour, but after I "saw" what I needed, I knew for sure what the answer was.

@Klue: It was a good game, even with my limited participation. =/ It was just a bad week for me. And dying early didn't really help much...

Edited by Molly Mae

@Molly- Sorry about that. That's what happens when you announce that you've solved your puzzle to the Godfather while she's freaking out.

@Sakua- I had never heard about either movie before the puzzle either. I still don't really know what either one is about. :duh: Tineye and Google images along with the file name really helped a lot. It also kind of helped figuring out what the animal was. I looked at the puzzle and thought "someone's shooting a dog??? :wacko:

@Molly- Sorry about that. That's what happens when you announce that you've solved your puzzle to the Godfather while she's freaking out.

@Sakua- I had never heard about either movie before the puzzle either. I still don't really know what either one is about. :duh: Tineye and Google images along with the file name really helped a lot. It also kind of helped figuring out what the animal was. I looked at the puzzle and thought "someone's shooting a dog??? :wacko:

I still don't know that it's a reason to kill me. The only reason I announced it was because my role wasn't nearly as strong as some of the others. Perhaps not giving you a target at all could have been better, but *shrug*.

I probably would have had a similar approach if I had been bad, solved puzzle or not. With so many goodie actions not showing in the post, claiming a puzzle solve N1 with not baddie kill could have been a good cover. Of course, any baddie could withhold the kill to try to miss his friends.

*Shrug*

There's rarely a definite answer in mafia.

I still don't know that it's a reason to kill me. The only reason I announced it was because my role wasn't nearly as strong as some of the others. Perhaps not giving you a target at all could have been better, but *shrug*.

You were a definite goodie, if you were truthful about solving your puzzle. Why risk killing a potential baddie?

You were a definite goodie, if you were truthful about solving your puzzle. Why risk killing a potential baddie?

The biggest word there is "if". If I were Muscles or Rat being untruthful, I could have flown for a bit without being seen. Of course I may have come under fire D1 if I didn't die. =/ But eh.

This was the complete roster:

Player

Role

Thalia

Godfather: Redirect

nox

Muscles: Block

curr3nt

Rat: Spy

Auramyna

Doctor: Save

EDM

Sheriff: Trap

Nana7

Mayor: Other player's vote manip (x0 - x2)

Shadow

Spy: spy

Maurice

Cowboy: 50% RID Kill

Sakura-chan

Seer: will get a version of night post sans all baddie actions

Molly Mae

Farsight: Will know which players Rat and Spy targeted during the night

smoth333

Nearsight: Will know which roles Rat and Spy targeted during the night

Sorry for the delay. Didn't have much access to net over past 10 days.

• 6 months later...