Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

I'm not a forgotten philosophy

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'm born of scholars' toil long
Forsaken, no longer germane
My time has come, my time has gone
Anon it is coming again

My words now few will understand
They're twisted obscuring the truth
And so they spread throughout the land
Discernment requiring a sleuth

In downward spiral, chaos calls
Destroying the orderly life
Until the ruler finally falls
Thus bringing and end to this strife

#2 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:09 AM

Spoiler for Hmmm

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#3 'Cat'astrophe

'Cat'astrophe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:17 AM

Spoiler for Ha HA

#4 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:10 PM

Haha, Mafia fits so well! But I avoid riddling about things that less than 95+% of the population would know about, and it unfortunately still falls in that category. Anyone who wants to help change that can learn all you need to know about Mafia and sign up for a beginner's game. Wine could also be a pretty good fit, although the makers are not generally classified as scholars.

#5 'Cat'astrophe

'Cat'astrophe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

Spoiler for Does it have anything to do with

#6 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

Let's see...
Spoiler for I have no idea how I got this...

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#7 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1461 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:04 PM

Not an ancient language or prediction; those would be too close to the thing I'm saying I'm not in the title, so they wouldn't make for a very satisfying riddle. Also not a dictionary; it too is sort of similar to a forgotten philosophy in the way it's being used as an answer, and wouldn't explain the last two lines.

#8 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:09 PM

Ah, your riddles continue to stump me. :P But I shall keep trying, and hopefully be able to solve one sometime before I'm off to college!

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#9 storygirl101

storygirl101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

Actually, yeah, it sounds like swear words. They've changed in b=meaning, like b***h, which used to mean female dog. And releasing the king's strife, what not, that's what swear words are there for...

#10 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:34 PM

Hey, storygirl! For future posts, you should put your anwers in a spoiler so others can guess too.But welcome to the Den! *waves*

... ~ Nova-kun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users