Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Desktop Mafia

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#31 curr3nt

curr3nt

The

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2839 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

Just because we are not available to play doesn't mean we aren't interested in mafia. I'm asking questions because if I'm unsure I figure at least one other person might be too and because I'm interested in the game development side. Always looking for ideas that might be interesting to think about.

#32 Thalia

Thalia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

Sakura- If you make a Mafia that follows the den style (like this one) and is 10 roles or less that doesn't happen to start on a big exam week, I will sign up. MiKi will probably sign up and the size might encourage others to sign up as well.

Come check out Mafia in the Games Forum
Trainer's Manual Mafia XII: Bugs Mafia is in signups
Other games:
The Green Glass Doors
Telephone

#33 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

MiKi will probably sign up

I love how that's already a given. :lol:

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#34 Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:21 AM

This game is perfectly small enough, and I'm not making another Mafia. I designed this one yesterday especially for this, and now I'm being asked to make another? No.

#35 KlueMaster

KlueMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:54 AM

This game is perfectly small enough, and I'm not making another Mafia. I designed this one yesterday especially for this, and now I'm being asked to make another? No.

Yeah, and I was wondering how come I see a mafia directly in the sign-up phase? :blink:

Sak-C, just to avoid a clutter and confusion where multiple games are going on in parallel and have overlaps, we have something called as Mafia queue. You'll find the link on top sticky thread of this forum.
Here are the stages for all (small: >11, medium: 12-16, large: 17<) games:
1. Conceptualization
2. Design
3. Discussion & necessary changes
4. Sign-up
5. Play

Now, if you have familiarized yourself with various questions that people ask here; and your game is small and very similar to other games being played, you can move directly to stage 3. But, not to stage 4.

Moreover, you may remember that I had asked for your permission to post sign-ups only coz there was a potential window available. But, my game had already completed stage 3 then. It is there in the queue in its proper place.

Now, if you suddenly pull a game out of the blue, there are bound to be questions. So, please encourage a healthy discussion on your game's design. And, when multiple people acknowledge that they understand the game and find it fairly balanced, only then put it for sign-up.

Again, aforementioned is what is generally followed here, and you are free to deviate. But, please understand that any deviation alerts people, and that's where most of the questions come from.

Edited by KlueMaster, 10 October 2011 - 04:55 AM.

#36 Thalia

Thalia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:10 AM

I love how that's already a given. :lol:

Not a given. Just probable. :)

@Sakura- Another option would be to modify this one or Death Note so there are fewer roles but you can keep most of it the same. Your decision.

Come check out Mafia in the Games Forum
Trainer's Manual Mafia XII: Bugs Mafia is in signups
Other games:
The Green Glass Doors
Telephone

#37 Shadow7

Shadow7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:20 AM

@KM this one was intended as a replacement for Death Note b/c it wasn't getting signups.

#38 curr3nt

curr3nt

The

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2839 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

@KM this one was intended as a replacement for Death Note b/c it wasn't getting signups.

I believe he was mentioning that although it was meant to replace Death Note, there wasn't a review for it.

#39 Shadow7

Shadow7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

I believe he was mentioning that although it was meant to replace Death Note, there wasn't a review for it.

Ah, I took it as a critique of this game's presence at all.

But, enough on that.

Edited by Shadow7, 10 October 2011 - 02:53 PM.

#40 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

-.- Enough. I just want people to sign up. Why even ask questions if you're not going to?

Let's make a deal (because I'm a meet-in-the-middle kinda guy).

I'll sign-up and play this game (and not do anything outside the realm of the rules). In return, I get to ask questions about the mechanics of the game and get straight answer without you saying that I'm attacking you.

I will also ask people to sign-up for this game. We may not like each other as people, but I'm not going to judge your hosting ability without seeing it. And I have a feeling you'll be a great host.

If we have a deal, put me on the sign-up list.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users