Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TMM VIII: Tom and Jerry Mafia

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#371 Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

I never said inactivity was the host's problem, but it's certainly not my problem.O_o How can you say Tom was balanced, though? He had way too much in terms of power and information.

#372 smoth333

smoth333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

A few asked about Tom's actions -

N1 - redirected Hidden G to myself - the NK was on Tole, which bounced to me because of my ability, I was then saved by Hidden G/Cuckoo.
D1 - I lost the VM for having acted the night before
N2 - redirected the NK to plasmid (turns out that was the intended target anyway?) as I was worried they might target Tole again, plus plasmid had a lot of stuff already figured out. Also I was thinking the RID kill would have been for meathead and if both baddies were going to still be alive I wanted to make sure plasmid couldn't day spy me on D2.

I do agree with what someone said (can't remember who) that Tom may have been too powerful. Maybe not though, it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Cuckoo/HG had been NKd on the first night and then I would not have had the save to redirect after that.

The combination of the redirect and all knowing seemed pretty potent, especially for winning with the goodies. It would have been a challenge for a "solo" win by getting to Day 4 with neither the goodies or baddies already winning.

#373 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:14 PM

I never said inactivity was the host's problem, but it's certainly not my problem.O_o How can you say Tom was balanced, though? He had way too much in terms of power and information.

I actually agree with this, but based more on Tom's WinCon. All Tom had to do was out the baddies and himself and keep Tole protected.

The biggest thing working against him was that his wincon was secret. If Tom winning ended the game (and goodies lose), I think it would have been a good balance. Tom has to keep the baddies alive long enough for the game to reach D4 while keeping Jerry alive. Of course, some well placed saves made that easier to do.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#374 Hidden G

Hidden G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

btw my N2 save was on Tole

#375 smoth333

smoth333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:23 PM

I actually agree with this, but based more on Tom's WinCon. All Tom had to do was out the baddies and himself and keep Tole protected.

The biggest thing working against him was that his wincon was secret. If Tom winning ended the game (and goodies lose), I think it would have been a good balance. Tom has to keep the baddies alive long enough for the game to reach D4 while keeping Jerry alive. Of course, some well placed saves made that easier to do.

Agreed. In theory I could have just outed the baddies on N1 and let everyone speculate as to what my win con was. I did not think that would be in spirit though and figured I would at least see how it played out and try to get to D4. As it worked out though the goodies figured out who Butch was pretty quickly and that pretty much meant a shared victory at that point. If MM could have stayed alive after replacing Tra that could have changed things of course.

#376 Hidden G

Hidden G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

MM would have kicked our **** :lol:

Edited by Hidden G, 06 October 2011 - 04:25 PM.

#377 Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

Tom's win condition was the other problem. First, it didn't really make sense. Why would Tom want to keep Jerry alive? Second, he could have just outed the bad guys right away. He also could use any role he wanted by using the redirect.

#378 smoth333

smoth333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

@Sak-C - I could have outed the baddies right away, but then I would have had zero chance for a solo victory. Trying to play in the spirit I was only going to do that as a last resort.

Maybe a condition that if Tom outs the baddies he gets mod-killed?

Personally, I thought it was clever to have it be the opposite of what people would expect. From a theme standpoint, maybe he wanted to keep Jerry alive so that he could eat him all by himself later (without having to share with anyone) :lol: :P :ph34r: .

#379 tolecnal

tolecnal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

See "Tom and Jerry - The Night Before Christmas" and you will understand why Tom would want to keep Jerry alive. :D

It's the whole villain-hero relationship, the villain (Tom) doesn't want the hero (Jerry) to die as Jerry reinforces Tom's identity and Tom reinforces Jerry's. Factor in the Simone de Beauvoir notion of self and other and you'll see what I mean

...or I'm reading too much into it :P

#380 Hidden G

Hidden G

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

i think that the game ended right?
why complaining ? we all loose mafia games .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users