Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TMM VIII: Tom and Jerry Mafia

• Please log in to reply
398 replies to this topic

#21 mboon

mboon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:59 PM

TMM VIII - Tom & Jerry
kristmark1 and Maurice
1. plasmid confirming
2. tolecnal
3. Hidden G CONFIRMING!
4. Tralala! Confirming!
5. mboon CONFIRMING!
6. smoth CONFIRMING!
7. Sakura-chan CONFIRMING!
8. 'Cat'astrophe CONFIRMING!
9. MiKi CONFIRMED!

Woops just got on :/ and 8 GMT :/ This is going to suck for me :/

#22 Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:24 PM

Let's go with option three and just end the Night Phase right now.: P

Honestly, regardless of the time, I think the Night Phase should end tonight. Over 24 hours for the Night Phase seems a bit much, especially since we only have about eight players who need to send in their actions.

#23 tolecnal

tolecnal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

TMM VIII - Tom & Jerry
kristmark1 and Maurice
1. plasmid confirming
2. tolecnal CONFIRMING!
3. Hidden G CONFIRMING!
4. Tralala! Confirming!
5. mboon CONFIRMING!
6. smoth CONFIRMING!
7. Sakura-chan CONFIRMING!
8. 'Cat'astrophe CONFIRMING!
9. MiKi CONFIRMED!

#24 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:42 PM

The first night is always longer than 24 hours to give everyone time to confirm and get situated. Two or three days is common. And since the end time has already been stated, it would royally screw over those who have already confirmed and made plans based on the given end time.

#25 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

Also, night one is just about a day and a half this time, ending in around 22 hours from now. That winds up being perfect given that everyone has confirmed already.

And nice prologue post, KM!

Edited by Nana7, 01 October 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#26 Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:50 PM

Everyone has already confirmed though, and I don't see what plans could have been made. I hate it when phases drag on. We've got very few players, and all of them have abilities, so all the normal reasons for having long phases don't apply.

#27 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1448 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

Since this is a Trainer's Manual Mafia and most people are learning the ropes, a few things that might help for newbies. Feel free to argue / scream / throw things at me if my conclusions seem off.

The fact that the goodies have a RID kill and the baddies don't (I don't know whether or not Tom does) makes it seem relatively safe to give hints about your role. It's better to keep your role secret if you can because indy wincons often have a RID requirement, but it's not like you're sure to get RID-killed if you hint at your role or out yourself to take away heat from a lynch vote.

Since Tom has a vote manip, the goodies are probably better off if their lynch votes end up being landslides. If the votes are close, then Tom can use vote manipulation to achieve his ends which are probably nefarious.

Day spy is something I've never seen before, but it seems like it could be very valuable to affect the course of lynch votes if someone's getting bandwaggoned. If you can, check back when the day is almost over to see if the day spy revealed something important.

Jerry's redirect looks like it won't be too useful in this game because OOP/OOA has baddies>goodies and block>redirect. That means Meathead's block or redirect will take precedence over Jerry's redirect and would therefore not be affected if Jerry targetted him (I verified this with kristmark1). So the only really useful person for Jerry to target would be Butch (and maybe Tom if his secret ability is a night action with lower precedence than redirect).

For Tuffy, role copy is only used once in the game and then gives you the targetted person's role for the rest of the game. It's up to you whether you want to wait until you have a better idea of who has good abilities before using role copy, or go ahead and use it now semi-randomly so that you can start using an ability right away. IMO, only Jerry's ability seems like it really sucks, so I'd favor going ahead and picking someone randomly.

Kristmark1 told me that a Tom win does not necessarily mean that the goodies or baddies cannot win, so killing baddies should be a higher priority than killing the indy. But we should probably still kill Tom if we find him, because indies often have a clause like "if you primary wincon becomes impossible then you must survive until the end of the game" and that might have been what kristmark was talking about.

And for the baddie roles, your best strategy is to night-kill each other.

#28 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:00 PM

I am not sure what you consider a long phase to be. Days and nights are always 24 hours here, except for scum weekends and n1, which can be longer. This phase is just barely over 24 hours and the time was chosen to work for the host.

#29 tolecnal

tolecnal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

I think plasmid's last point is particularly key, absolutely the best strategy

#30 kristmark1

kristmark1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:13 PM

By the way Role Copy can be affected by redirect, but a block would bounce of and hit a random target.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users