Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

Aaron is drinking milk. Allan is drinking juice. There are only these two drinks available. When Amy joins them, she wants something to drink too, and sees that there are just two choices. She thinks carefully and, choosing one, drinks an entire glass. Does Amy drink milk or juice?

#2 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:25 PM

Spoiler for She would have chosen

#3 Theo

Theo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

Aaron is drinking milk. Allan is drinking juice. There are only these two drinks available. When Amy joins them, she wants something to drink too, and sees that there are just two choices. She thinks carefully and, choosing one, drinks an entire glass. Does Amy drink milk or juice?

Spoiler for How dare you try to trick us

#4 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:48 PM

I think you two have both heard this one before and know the answer. If so, that answer still applies, even though I changed the riddle up a little.

#5 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:56 PM

I think you two have both heard this one before and know the answer. If so, that answer still applies, even though I changed the riddle up a little.

No.I had not heard of this one before.But it was a good one and I like puzzles which play with words. :rolleyes:

#6 Scraff

Scraff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

Maybe the riddle actually made sense before you "changed the riddle up a little"? There's no reason I can see why milk is "one". Just because you mentioned it before juice, no one should reasonably conclude that milk is choice # 1 and juice is choice #2.

#7 Theo

Theo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

I've heard several different variations of this type.

#8 Lausus

Lausus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:10 PM

Maybe the riddle actually made sense before you "changed the riddle up a little"? There's no reason I can see why milk is "one". Just because you mentioned it before juice, no one should reasonably conclude that milk is choice # 1 and juice is choice #2.

Do you mean the riddle doesn't make sense? I did not say 'milk' is definitely correct.

Edited by Lausus, 20 March 2008 - 06:11 PM.

#9 Scraff

Scraff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

What do you mean you didn't "definitely" say milk was correct? You said to grey cells and Theo "If so, that answer still applies". Is it or is it not the correct answer and is it for the reason I gave? You're not supposed to play games like this. When someone gives an answer, please state whether or not it's correct or not.

#10 grey cells

grey cells

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2807 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 06:29 PM

What do you mean you didn't "definitely" say milk was correct? You said to grey cells and Theo "If so, that answer still applies". Is it or is it not the correct answer and is it for the reason I gave? You're not supposed to play games like this. When someone gives an answer, please state whether or not it's correct or not.

I think that lausus just wanted to say that there can be more than one answer. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users