Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Rat Hunt Mafia

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#1 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

Roles:

The Boss -- Organises jobs and knows all RID combinations, but does not know factions. Has self vote manip of x1 or x2.

The Boss' Son -- In charge of the job and can redirect any player.

Mr White -- An old man, formerly a doctor of medicine. Cannot be bad. May save one target from the NK per night. If he successfully saves a baddie, he becomes bad.

Mr Black -- The quiet, observant type. May Role Spy any player. Does not learn faction.

Mr Gray -- A loudmouth who likes to tell stories. He can keep a player occupied for the night, stopping their action. (Block)

Mr Green -- A ruthless killer chosen by The Boss to keep things orderly. Has a kill every night.

Mr Brown -- A man with connections. If he is ever targeted by a member of the opposite faction, he is told which role targeted him.

Mr Tech -- A tech whiz who can tap communications. He chooses a player or role and receives a random five word string from the last pm sent that night by them to the host.

---

2 vs 6 mini-mafia in the partial style of Reservoir Dogs. Note: This is NOT a Reservoir Dogs mafia. Heh.

Every player is assigned a name that they know each other by (in this case, though, your real name is the colour and your assigned name is your board name--e.g., maurice).

You have completed a job that went south quickly. You now suspect that there are police among you. Someone set you up and you're out for blood.

Two roles will randomly be assigned as undercover cops. They may be any two roles excluding Mr White.

Rules: Baddies get BTSC + NK (unstoppable, save by save). When a player is lynched, their faction is revealed, but not their role.

OOA:
Block > Kill > Redirect

Host: Yuli and Molly Mae
1. Plasmid (reserved, if he wants it)

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#2 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

6. maurice
7. Auramyna

#3 KlueMaster

KlueMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:29 PM

5. KlueMaster
6. maurice
7. Auramyna

BTW, wont Mr White be successfully saving a baddie only if the baddies tried to kill one of their own?

Edited by KlueMaster, 20 September 2011 - 05:29 PM.

#4 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

5. KlueMaster
6. maurice
7. Auramyna

BTW, wont Mr White be successfully saving a baddie only if the baddies tried to kill one of their own?

There's a very narrow chance for Mr White to become bad, but there's a kill role in Mr Green. So if Mr Green tries to kill a baddie and Mr White saves the baddie, Mr White becomes bad. If Mr Green is bad from the beginning, Mr White will almost certainly never be bad--a good balance in case the baddies end up with Mr Green.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#5 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

I seriously typed this up in about 5-10 minutes. If you see anything odd, you can use this thread as discussion, as well.

I'm going back over it now.

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#6 plasmid

plasmid

Senior Lolcat

• VIP
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1446 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:29 AM

1. plasmid
5. KlueMaster
6. maurice
7. Auramyna

Is Mr. Green's killing role a RID kill, or does he just name the player or role to kill 'em?

Does Dr. White get added to BTSC if he miraculously turns undercover?

Also, I foresee confusion about the term "baddies" referring to cops and "goodies" being criminals.
At least, I plan to use that excuse if when I get tied up in my web of lies.

#7 'Cat'astrophe

'Cat'astrophe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 01:06 PM

1. plasmid
4. 'Cat'astrophe
5. KlueMaster
6. maurice
7. Auramyna

Yay! Another mafia without vanillas!!

#8 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:46 PM

Is Mr. Green's killing role a RID kill, or does he just name the player or role to kill 'em?

He kills by player name. I considered making him a RID kill, but figured it would likely be too hard for a goodie to RID a cop, since he would have to figure out both role and ID (instead of just ID).

Does Dr. White get added to BTSC if he miraculously turns undercover?

Yes.

Also, I foresee confusion about the term "baddies" referring to cops and "goodies" being criminals.
At least, I plan to use that excuse if when I get tied up in my web of lies.

Yeah, some people had that same problem in MaFBIa. In my line of work, though, it's easy to picture the cops as bad guys.

I'm actually kidding about that last bit. Cops are the chosen people.

I'm probably kidding about that last bit there, too. It's a quote from Fallen. <3

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#9 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:34 PM

1. plasmid
4. 'Cat'astrophe
5. KlueMaster
6. maurice
7. Auramyna
8. Araver

Follow the trail of bodies they said. Should be interesting. Especially since it's hosted by someone with multiple personalities (J/K, no mod-kill offense).
Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#10 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

We +1'd your post. =P

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

0 user(s) are reading this topic