Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TMM VII: Ghostbusters Mafia

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#11 mboon

mboon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:00 PM

Confirmed, and wow, no vanillas

#12 kristmark1

kristmark1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

OK, mind telling me who you are people?

#13 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:25 PM

Yup. I'm a shinigami! :ph34r: ^^

[I've been accused of talking too much about anime/manga. Please let me know if I'm going too far. Thanks!]

Chocolate is proof that God wanted us to be happy.

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#14 Yodell

Yodell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

OOP – Indy > Baddie > Goodie
RID Kill > redirect > block > save > kill > spy
All actions go through unless acted on. OOP is used to break loops.

Additionally:
Night Kill and RID Kill can not be acted on. Actions fail only if target is saved.
Kill does not work as a block.
Vote Manips can not be acted on.

Tie lynch = first day nobody lynched, afterward all in lynch flip a coin for lives individually

Spies, unused saves, Vote Manips will not be shown in Night or Day Posts. Only all redirects, blocks, kills and needed saves.

Hello people,

I would signup as a backup ...
Q1 to Han : who's the Indy ? Walter Peck ? Or .. just leftovers from other games ? :D

and second: you said all actions go through : in this case redirect>block>save
A=redirect
B=block
C=save

actions in for you as a host :
- C saves D (needed)
- A redirects C (to E - does not need save )
- B blocks A

What would the result be considering the given OOP ?

Just needed to know your reasoning as a host .. for clarifying this game and for future reference as well ;)
I could have put all that in red.. but it would look bloody ;)
Thanks,

yD

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

#15 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 10:07 PM

Yodell, on 15 September 2011 - 03:54 PM, said:

Hello people,

I would signup as a backup ...
Q1 to Han : who's the Indy ? Walter Peck ? Or .. just leftovers from other games ? :D
You're on to my tricks...no Indy this game

and second: you said all actions go through : in this case redirect>block>save
A=redirect
B=block
C=save

actions in for you as a host :
- C saves D (needed)
- A redirects C (to E - does not need save )
- B blocks A

What would the result be considering the given OOP ?

B would block A, so no redirect. C saves D. No loop. OOP not needed.

Just needed to know your reasoning as a host .. for clarifying this game and for future reference as well ;)
I could have put all that in red.. but it would look bloody ;)
Thanks,

yD

Edited by maurice, 15 September 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#16 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:23 AM

HOSTS: Auramyna and maurice
1. MissKitten
2. mboon
3. Tralala!
4. 'Cat'astrophe
5. kristmark1
6. Smoth333
7. Nana7
8.tolecnal

Backup/Mentor/
1. Sakura-chan
2. Zweefer

Mentor only
1. Thalia

Miki has replaced Sak-C

If anyone feels the need for a mentor, pm me.

#17 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 01:54 AM

Prologue

The trio of Ghostbusters have recently become celebrities in New York as paranormal activity has increased. To satisfy increased demand they have hired a fourth member, Winston Zeddemore. Just in time, in turns out.

The Ghostbusters are hired by a woman named Dana Barrett, whose apartment is haunted by a demonic spirit called Zuul, a demigod worshiped as a servant to Gozer the Gozerian. Peter Venkman takes a particular interest in the case, competing for Dana's affection with her neighbor Louis Tully. As they investigate, Dana is possessed by Zuul, which declares itself "The Gatekeeper", and Louis by a similar demon called Vinz Clortho, "The Keymaster". Both demons speak of the coming of the destructive Gozer, and the Ghostbusters plan to keep the two apart. Thereafter the Ghostbusters' office is visited by Walter Peck of the EPA. He believes the team is housing dangerous chemicals in their basement and believes their abilities to be fake. He orders their ghost containment deactivated, unleashing hundreds of ghosts onto New York City. Freed from the Ghostbusters' custody, Louis/Vinz advances toward Dana/Zuul's apartment while the escaped ghosts create havoc throughout the city.

The Ghostbusters team follows the spirits to Dana's apartment, with Peck watching from a distance. Though she is not trained to bust ghosts, Janine is a loyal employee and has arrived to do what she can do to help.

Night One ends Friday Night @ 10 PM EST.

Edited by maurice, 16 September 2011 - 01:54 AM.

#18 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts
  • Location:At my computer, or maybe writing fanfiction, and losing my sanity and innocence

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:20 AM

Quick Q: Are scum weekends going to be used? If it's ok with others, a scum weekend would probably be the best way for me to participate and not be inactive.

Also, would anybody care to out themselves? :P

So you want a fight with intent to kill? Then come fight me! It's here in my bow, that intent to kill you love so much! ~ Uryu Ishida

... ~ Nova-kun

Society needs to learn how to adapt, or humanity is screwed. ~ MiKi, aka MissKitten, aka myself

#19 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 03:29 AM

As it coincides with D1, yes , it shall be scum weekend. D1 will end Sun @ 10 pm EST

#20 MissKitten

MissKitten

Merthur <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

Is it possible to something like N1 ends Saturday 10:00 PM EDT, and D1 ends Monday 10:00 PM EDT? Don't get me wrong, it's okay if it isn't possible, but I would greatly appreciate it if it was. :thanks:

... ~ Nova-kun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users