Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Klueless Mafia

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

What other claim can a baddie make? Is the only winning strat supposed to be that the baddies are never spied or questioned for lynching?

Just guessing by an earlier comment that you gave the vanillas "flavors". Doesn't that instantly out any baddie trying to avoid suspicion? And even more, out the godfather who would appear as a vanilla but not know the secret that all the other vanilla know?

Well I wasn't going to post, but as you have already...

I am interested in seeing what vanillas knew plus secret ability. From an outsider's perspective the baddies had no chance and in fact were an informed minority playing against an uninformed minority- informed majority combination...oh yeah puzzles...but from what I saw it appears the informed majority had an easy puzzle to solve.

Also, stating the balance was in the secret ability...well baddies only had a 2/9 chance to solve it...maybe a little more if you assume they had BTSC already and could work together. But even that's not a safe assumption to make.

Anyway, I still hate Vanilla roles. I think colouring them with flavours only made me hate them even more. Also seems they had a secret ability, either explicit or implicit, that was not announced in the OP.

Edited by maurice, 19 September 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#122 curr3nt

curr3nt

The

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2839 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:05 PM

Well I wasn't going to post, but as you have already...

Blaim it on me will you?

@Klue, please bare in mind I'm not trying to be overly critical. Just mostly curious on what your thoughts were.

#123 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

@Mo: The ability of the vanillas wasn't really an ability. We all had the same puzzle with different 5-letter answers. As a vanilla, when I saw Aaryan's puzzle was the same as mine, I assumed all vanillas had the same puzzle. When Aura couldn't produce Aaryan's favourite colour (GREEN), I figured she wasn't vanilla as she had claimed. Now this could have been a ruse by the spy or doctor to hide among the vanillas. It's happened. *Shrug* Tole was just kind of a guess on my part and was confirmed by the spy the next night. Another good guess. What was the secret ability?

I don't know about Aaryan's puzzle being published, though. That's really what gave us the edge. Without that, we probably wouldn't have won the lynch the next day. I would have died =(.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#124 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:50 PM

I think it was great that the vanilla had a secret way to recognize each other. And nobody told Aura she had to claim vanilla or that she had to say she used google for an easy puzzle. It was a secret that could easily trip up the baddie, but it was hardly a guarantee.

The secret power was the ability to either prevent a specific person from acting on myself at night (but only stopped from acting on me, not anyone else) or to send an anonymous message to one person the next day. I tried to acted dangerous to draw baddie fire but did not want to block a save on me by mistake, so I did not use it n2.

#125 curr3nt

curr3nt

The

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2839 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:59 PM

But the goodies aren't supposed to be able to recognize each other. What is the point if most of the goodies know who the other goodies are so early in the game?

As for Aura not having to claim vanilla? She wouldn't have had she known that Klue gave you all the ability to recognize each other. Claiming vanilla is the safest move for the baddies since claiming a specific role would lead to counter and at best for the baddies a trade of players. And since the baddies don't have the players to avoid a trade...it is back to claiming vanilla.

#126 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

Meh like curr and I have said, the ability was to be able to determine other goodies. Again an informed majority. Just seemed like this one got too cute. Hey I've made similar mistakes. My response is more to the flavoring vanillas comment. Seemed to be a bad idea, not worth a ;) certainly, at least to this outsider (who hates vanillas anyway)

Edited by maurice, 19 September 2011 - 04:12 PM.

#127 KlueMaster

KlueMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Just to make a point clear...

Vanillas getting the ability to guess each other, is something that happened only by chance.
Why aaryan's puzzle was disclosed? Coz he died without solving it. Had he solved it, it shouldn't have been published and there was no way for vanillas to know that they have similar puzzles. For that matter doc and spy didn't know it still, and any open disclosures would've been treated as PM-repping. Also, similar puzzles were given only to ensure similar difficulty.

But again, this was more of an experiment, to learn from and improve upon in the future editions.

#128 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

Meh like curr and I have said, the ability was to be able to determine other goodies. Again an informed majority. Just seemed like this one got too cute. Hey I've made similar mistakes. My response is more to tbe flavoring vanillas comment. Seemed to be a bad idea, not worth a ;) certainly, at least to this outsider (who hates vanillas anyway)

I agree only in the sense that Aaryan's puzzle shouldn't have been posted. As soon as that became public information, of course I was going to use it.

A few other factors:
1. We were still assuming, though, that all vanilla puzzles were exactly the same (but Nana confirmed it for me, although a 3/2 split wouldn't have been unreasonable).
2. Nothing forced Aura to claim any role at all.
3. If Aaryan had been the spy or doctor, Aura's claim would have gone unchallenged and I would have continued thinking that all puzzles were unique.
4. Again the goodie WIFOM of hiding among the vanillas to prevent being NK'd.

Going back to this post, the baddies were just outgunned (more guns--not necessarily better aim).

So yes. I do agree with you.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#129 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:37 PM

So what is the flavoring you speak of then?

#130 KlueMaster

KlueMaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1005 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

The flavoring I was speaking of was allowing for the possibility of what happened in this game. So far in all games vanillas have been strictly vanillas. There is no way for them to rise above the level that has been initially set at voting and getting NKed. When I kept the puzzles same, I knew of the possibility that at some point vanillas may realize that they've got almost identical puzzles. But, I didn't go about putting up mechanisms to prevent this from happening.

So, what will I do next time? Well, I'm not going to repeat the surprise for one.
But, would there be another element that will allow vanillas to rise above the standard definition of vanillas? I don't know yet.

Edited by KlueMaster, 19 September 2011 - 05:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users