Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

2 Identical Sections

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#11 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

rookie1ja - usually when people post puzzles like these they provide an explanation for how they came to the solution. do you have any suggestions for what rational was used in finding the solution?

well, that was years ago ... I guess I started from the jagged corners trying to find the same pattern in the other half ... played around the center ... probably not very scientific :D ... just playing with squares, tried to follow some symetrical pattern and then another one etc.

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#12 Aericron

Aericron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:52 AM

Found a loophole guys. The directions say slice so that it is symmetrical. I admit, if you slice as shown and then rotate 90 degrees to the right and slide it, it would indeed be symmetrical. But never the less, the directions only permitted you to slice, nothing else. .'. no real solution

Edited by Aericron, 01 May 2008 - 02:54 AM.

#13 rookie1ja

rookie1ja

• Site Admin
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1338 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:09 PM

Found a loophole guys. The directions say slice so that it is symmetrical. I admit, if you slice as shown and then rotate 90 degrees to the right and slide it, it would indeed be symmetrical. But never the less, the directions only permitted you to slice, nothing else. .'. no real solution

this has already been picked up for another puzzle - I edited it to say "jagged cut"

rookie1ja (site admin)
Optical Illusions
Support BrainDen

"To start: Press any key... Where's the 'any' key?" - Homer Simpson

#14 Trevor214

Trevor214

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:32 AM

well..... i was WAY off. thats a pretty unique way of doing it

#15 Tiger Fan

Tiger Fan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2008 - 11:49 PM

I started by counting the squares, and determining there needed to be 16 pieces in each piece...then I started with opposite corners looking for the largest section of puzzle. Found that using the 4x2 section was the only way it would work and have boxes left to work with. From there you just have to guess and play with it...

It took me an hour, so I thought I would try to help out with the logic I used, but obviously not the most efficient way!

#16 ntdo

ntdo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 06:00 AM

Wow, that's so cool . I think the best way to solve those kinds of problem like this is to write a program which helps us cut squares, turn them , and check them whether they are identical or not . But I don't think that is not the way satisfying those who like to solve puzzle because we just write a program and expect it do it for us - it doesn't show how smart we are. :)

#17 @nkur

@nkur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:31 AM

Attached File  New Microsoft Word Document.pdf   18.8KB   117 downloads

I hope this would give more clearity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users