Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Skulduggery Pleasant Mafia 2: Playing with Fire

• Please log in to reply
1168 replies to this topic

#1141 Bong

Bong

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

#1142 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:16 PM

I was kinda hoping the Indies would play a bigger part...I made their wincons a little easy so as to worry goodies and baddies

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#1143 Thalia

Thalia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2910 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

THAT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Agreed! This will probably be my last Mafia for a while with college coming up.
@Hosts- Thanks for a great game!

Come check out Mafia in the Games Forum
Trainer's Manual Mafia XII: Bugs Mafia is in signups
Other games:
The Green Glass Doors
Telephone

#1144 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:37 PM

Maybe not showing spy acts would help? And/or a baddie with no action? Blocks shown without targets? Just some ideas.

Blocks shown with targets is necessary.

Showing spies is optional, but you certainly shouldn't show who they spied.

RID Recruit shouldn't be shown. The problem stems from it being a block+Rid Recruit.

Between all of the blocks and traps (at least 4), it makes it very easy to place everyone into groups.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#1145 Yodell

Yodell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

Great hosting u 2!
I agree with molly, spies target - neah , and a bit too many blocks:-)
Ps. You forgot Grouse (Cube/me) from the roster ;-)
One or 2 q @molly/shadow: why did u try to rid klue - he was obviously not jack:-/ or u just wanted him blocked? And why kill curr instead of recruit him?

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

#1146 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:57 PM

Great hosting u 2!
I agree with molly, spies target - neah , and a bit too many blocks:-)
Ps. You forgot Grouse (Cube/me) from the roster ;-)
One or 2 q @molly/shadow: why did u try to rid klue - he was obviously not jack:-/ or u just wanted him blocked? And why kill curr instead of recruit him?

I stopped updating my spreadsheet (not because of the game). My counterpart is on vacation in Vegas this week, so I've been extremely busy. I didn't mean to be an a** or anything in the game. =P And I like being in an outed position at times. It kinda relieves the stress of planning.

Sorry for outing you, Shadow. =P You might have been able to hide for awhile, but any block, spy, or RID Kill against you would have ended the game. I was a goner as soon as I was spied. I tried to play that off casually.

Now that the game is over, though, I can tell you in all honesty that I didn't want China to out herself. I didn't want China to out me, which would have happened. As a baddie, a 1 for 1 trade is not equal (like a chess late middlegame-endgame piece trade).

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#1147 maurice

maurice

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3612 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:53 PM

Aaryan, numbers were off a bit it seems...idk. My first (i know not your first) games was similar. You'll learn because you want to.

But consider this, both Skull games baddies were steamrolled. Now bad luck in each, sure. But a balanced game should allow for some bad luck to be overcome. I do hope there is a 3rd game. I'll promise to help you with fine points if requested.

Posts were great, just too informative. And you too were very helpful and attentive. That is always appreciated.

#1148 Sakura-chan

Sakura-chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:52 AM

I'm used to Night Posts with only the Mafia victim announced. Of course, I'm also used to all players being allowed to communicate privately. If you can't do that, more information in the Night posts is a must. But obviously everyone's actions and targets shouldn't be shown.

#1149 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:59 AM

Thanks a lot, mo :)

Yep, Skulduggery 3 is in the making after this weekend. I'd appreciate as much help with making it as you (and any others) can give.

Back in Business. 

Are you intelligent? Of course you are. Do you love mind games? Of course you do? Join a Trainer's Manual Mafia in the Games today (well, once one opens up).

#1150 Aaryan

Aaryan

Superior Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1966 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:00 AM

I'm used to Night Posts with only the Mafia victim announced. Of course, I'm also used to all players being allowed to communicate privately. If you can't do that, more information in the Night posts is a must. But obviously everyone's actions and targets shouldn't be shown.

Where tf did you play that allowed people to talk privately?

Back in Business. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users