Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TMM VI: Braveheart

• Please log in to reply
577 replies to this topic

#551 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

We need a "Vote or Die" award :)

#552 Anon26

Anon26

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:44 PM

@Zweefer: This has been checked upon... I believe.
If nox dont respond.. tell me...

#553 Yodell

Yodell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

@zweefer : *holding on* .. for .. how long ?

good game everyone .. no matter who won :D

tole.. i personally consider it a win .. even if the coin toss gave the win to the baddies .. mboon was only half an hour late for a goodie win .. and we knew up to the end who the baddies really are ;)

but

it was a trainer manual mafia so .. it was all about playing the game... not about winning or losing ... :D
how did that saying went : "the journey is its own reward!"

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

#554 smoth333

smoth333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:00 PM

@Yodell, I agree that it was only a matter of timing and EDM having connection issues that gave us baddies a chance to get to the coin flip.

As it was, I still thought we needed to win another one though as it still would have been 1 v 1 on the last day and a voting tie - thus a 2nd coin flip. I maybe just didn't understand the rules though.

#555 Yodell

Yodell

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

smoth you're right ... u won the coin flip : so it's you versus tole and EDM .. and if you kill one of them next night it;s a tie situation: day vote with ONE BADDIE VS ONE GOODIE :-s
of course no vote manip (miki was the vote manip I believe) ... thus votes canceling out so another coin flip !!!

NOX/Zweefer ??????

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." Mark Twain

#556 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:21 PM

There is a standing rule for 1 vs 1 outcome final day. If one side has a night kill and the other does not and can not block it, the side with the night kill wins. This is to avoid coin toss being used to determine the outcome.

#557 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

There is a standing rule for 1 vs 1 outcome final day. If one side has a night kill and the other does not and can not block it, the side with the night kill wins. This is to avoid coin toss being used to determine the outcome.

Completely OOC, but hey I'm insane anyway, so bear with me for a second:

I don't really think so.

I've both won and lost coinflips, and while it feels cheap for someone to lose b/c of a coinflip, there is no standing rule avoiding that endgame in Mafia. Another unavoidable (sometimes) ending is when everyone wins. The only ending which is completely avoided is where no one wins (no host dares that).

There is some debate on what "being in majority" means and if 1 vs 1 ties can be ruled as a shared win, but ... when there are only 2 factions, with one faction set on eliminating the other, there is no tie win rule possible (i.e. everybody wins), so the game goes on.

For 1G vs 1B in the beginning of a day with no vote manip, it all depends on the tie lynch rules:
- lynch = no tie - the faction with the (EDIT: unblockable) NK wins
- random player in the tie is lynched - one faction wins - coinflip ending
- all players in a tie are lynched - tie win however weird that sounds

So, in this particular case, the hosts will probably (should) say that the baddies won the next coinflip and wrap up with a nice ending.

Edited by araver, 21 August 2011 - 11:23 PM.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#558 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:32 PM

I was told different in a previous game where there was a possibility of one player becoming the literal last one standing. I guess it is not as standard as I was told.

#559 tolecnal

tolecnal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

:D you're right of course and I learned a lot yet again!

#560 Zweefer

Zweefer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:45 PM

nox has responded... Game is set. Thanks everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users