Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DeathStone0000

DeathStone0000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:07 AM

In a single week, each cat in the rat infested village of Catattackya killed the same number of rats as every other cat. The total number of rat fatalities during the week came to 299.

Less than 20 cats achieved this remarkable feat. How many cats were there in Catattackya, and how many rats did each kill?

Hint: Both answers are Prime numbers.....

NEVER SAY NO TO PANDA

._.

#2 guppy

guppy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

is it 13 cats each of which killed 23 rats?
i'm sry but it seems brainden has changed it's editing options or smth but i couldn't find the spoiler button can someone point it out fo me... again sry

Edited by guppy, 25 July 2011 - 03:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users