Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum

Welcome to BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers Forum. Like most online communities you must register to post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process. To be a part of BrainDen Forums you may create a new account or sign in if you already have an account.
As a member you could start new topics, reply to others, subscribe to topics/forums to get automatic updates, get your own profile and make new friends.

Of course, you can also enjoy our collection of amazing optical illusions and cool math games.

If you like our site, you may support us by simply clicking Google "+1" or Facebook "Like" buttons at the top.
If you have a website, we would appreciate a little link to BrainDen.

Thanks and enjoy the Den :-)
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

TMM V: Council of War

• Please log in to reply
179 replies to this topic

#171 Anon26

Anon26

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

I am not so sure about Baddie BTSC.
Let us take permission from the Baddies first..

#172 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

Can I see the btsc for baddie and the host/ghost?

Host BTSC is a no, since Anon and I used our personal chat thread as the game info thread.

I'll add you to ghost BTSC shortly.

A recipe for honey-pickled apples

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

Spoiler for Molly's Rules to Live By

#173 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:30 PM

I just want to let everyone know that Anon hosted this game while I took a serious back seat.

With the exception of putting up the OP (which Anon wrote), giving the spy his N2 result, and answering a few questions, Anon did everything and he did it very well.

A very successful TMM, if I do say so (which I do because I just did).

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#174 araver

araver

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1615 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

Congratulations Anon and Molly for a very entertaining Mafia, I liked the story very much :thumbsup:

Congratulations baddies, since, well, you've won :P

I have one word for Nana though, and please don't take this the wrong way, these are just my personal experiences/conclusions/biases rounded over more games. Also, this game is over so you can take what I'm saying at face value now ;)
All of the statements below are true, but the order is important:
#1 Mafia is not a straight-logic game. Players need to conceal a lot in the game, starting with their role, their intentions and their inner suspicions. Without that, one would more likely loose than win. As a corrolary, people should expect the other (experienced) players to act the same and not take everything at face-value.
#2 Without logic, one would most likely loose than win. (Much more likely loose as a Goodie).
#3 There may come a time when it may seem that the game will be lost soon if decisive action is not taken quickly. That is a time when metalogic dictates #1 and #2 will not get a win and must be put on hold.

So, basically, in this game ... you've broken #1 on D1 by outing the most important Goodie role (the one which makes a difference in the worst case endgame 3 vs 3), then you've broken #2 on D2 by not trusting 3 of the persons voting for tolecnal ... one of which could have been the spy (maybe the one saying evidence every post) and chose to not vote for someone who did not defend at all and voted for a goodie D1. As a vote manip, that's deadly poison :(

I'm not picking on you in any way, I'm only sharing the above thoughts because you're obviously capable of being considered no longer a newbie :thumbsup: and thus stand to benefit the most from feedback from each and every game.
And I'm not considering you the culprit for goodies losing or anything ... I have also seriously broke #3 in this game by not being there, as I intended, 3-4 hours before D2 end, to out myself if needed to lynch tolecnal (and if my hints had not been picked up). And it was my duty as the spy to do so. I did not, and we lost.

@Anon & Molly - re: the meta-superstition. I was wrong ... need more study :D

Edited by araver, 27 July 2011 - 08:55 PM.

Summer of 2014:
Show the Mafia world you're back in action ... signup for Justice League Unleashed (Again) - Second Arc: Of Magic and Men. Come join the madness!  :thumbsup:

Puzzles open: Strange Creatures I Past puzzles: Mystery Operation Series: I, II, III, IV; Contamination Scenario;
Past games: Crack the Code Series: III, VII, IXPast mafia games: UN Mafia, UN Mafia II, Star Trek Mafia, TMM IV

Almost random quotes:
>> Not only is the universe stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.

#175 tolecnal

tolecnal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Why did you block Cube?

Guessed he was the save - only he or you acted N1 and since you said you were vote-manip that left him or maybe the person that replaced Zweefer since I wasn't sure if he had managed to get on N1 - it was clear no other players had.

#176 tolecnal

tolecnal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:56 PM

I just realized that may have been metagaming when I read the rules on MafiaManiac... sorry, I'm still learning

#177 Nana7

Nana7

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:51 AM

Anon & Molly certainly did a great job, thank you.

Thank you AV for the advice. I have learned a great deal from this game. Mistakes really are the best teacher and I appreciate your feedback. About your not being here at the end, I was not either. I changed my vote at 8am my time when I was rushed to get to work and would not be back until the day was over.

TCN, I think metagaming they are most concerned with is stalking-active metagaming.

Great game everyone.

#178 mboon

mboon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:16 AM

Good games you guys, I learned a lot too lol

We need to start the next game soon so I can actually play XDD

#179 Molly Mae

Molly Mae

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3188 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:59 AM

Good games you guys, I learned a lot too lol

We need to start the next game soon so I can actually play XDD

Your first game and you've already joined the Died N1 Club... =P

Awards:

Bonanova Gold Star

#180 Anon26

Anon26

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:45 AM

I just want to let everyone know that Anon hosted this game while I took a serious back seat.

With the exception of putting up the OP (which Anon wrote), giving the spy his N2 result, and answering a few questions, Anon did everything and he did it very well.

A very successful TMM, if I do say so (which I do because I just did).

But you did told me a few things..din ya..

The top secret way of winning Mafia everytime you play. And organizing the spreadsheet for it... Ok Maybe not everytime, but that was very good thing.
And yes you told me how to handle taking in actions and and giving results, and Organizing Host Spreadsheet.

So I learned some hell of stuff from MoMa.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users